Chapter 15 - The story

It's a known fact that doctors make the worst patients. We ignore our symptoms until we're face down on the ground. We like to think we're different species from our patients, but none of us are invincible. Eventually, we have to face the fact that we're human and that sometimes, even the mightiest of us need help.

3 weeks later

📍Paris, St. Louis hospital

Owen's POV

It had been three weeks since I came here in Paris. I had no clue about where Cristina could live, and for a few days I had looked for her everywhere and nowhere. But then, I thought that maybe she was working in one of the hospitals in Paris. She said she was on vacation, but I couldn't believe she hadn't worked for months. So I got in almost all the hospitals in the city. So far, she seemed to be nowhere.

So today, I decided to go to St. Louis hospital and Rothschild hospital.
I came into St. Louis hospital and as usual, I asked a doctor or a nurse if they knew her.

Me - Sorry to bother you but do you speak English ?

Nurse - Yes, a little.

Me - Okay, Hum...do you know Dr Yang, did she ever come in here ?

Nurse - I don't remember that name. Why ?

Me - I have to find her. Please can you check the computer ?

Nurse - Wait a minute...yes, she already came here.

Me - Could you give me her address ?

Nurse - I don't know...They are confidential data.

Me - Please...I beg you.

Nurse - ...All right, apparently she lives a couple blocks from here.

———————————————————

📍Paris, Cristina's apartment

Cristina's POV - 21 weeks pregnant

It was almost 11 am when I woke up this morning. I went to the kitchen to get something to eat but the fridge was empty. Crap, I sighed. So I got ready to go run some errands. I put on a pants and my baggy sweatshirt, and I came down.

I met Mrs Martin in the building's lobby.

Me - Morning Mrs Martin, how are you ?

Mrs Martin - Cristina ! And you, how are you ?

And that's when I saw him. Through the front door. I froze, and suddenly everything went dark and I felt myself falling.

Mrs Martin - Cristina ? Cristina !!!Please, I need help here !

———————————————————

📍Paris, in the building's lobby

Owen's POV

I was in front of the building where Cristina was supposed to live, when I heard somebody screaming. I saw an old lady rushing towards me.

The old lady - Please, come help me, she fainted !

I was a doctor and she needed help. So I did not hesitate and I followed her inside the building. When I saw her tiny body lying there, her lovely black curls around her head, I almost had a heart attack.

Me - Cristina !

I ran to her and she was...she was... pregnant ?

Me - Oh my god Cristina ! Please wake up baby. Stay with me.

I checked her pulse, it was racing but it was probably nothing serious.

The old lady - You know her ?!

Me - Yes.

She opened her eyes.

Cristina - Did you just call me baby ? She says with a small voice.

Me - Yeah... I said in a sigh of relief. Are you okay ?

Cristina - I think so.

Me - I walk you down to the hospital right now.

Cristina - No, it's okay, I'm fine.

Me - Don't argue with me. You have no choice, especially in your condition. I told her looking at her belly.

Cristina - Okay...

Me - It looks like we both have some explaining to do. Come on, I'm taking you to the hospital. But I'm calling Meredith first.

Cristina - Please don't tell her about this and the pregnancy.

I looked at her. Her look was pleading. She was so beautiful. Right now, I just wanted to hold her and kiss her.

Me - If that's what you want.

I called Meredith.

Meredith - Hello ?

Me - Meredith ?

Meredith - Yes ?

Me - I found Cristina, I'm with her as we speak.

Meredith - How did you find her ? Is she okay ?

Me - Yes she's fine, I have to go, I'll call you later.

Meredith - Thanks for everything, bye.

Me - Bye.

After that, I carried Cristina over to her car and we went to the hospital.

I climbed across the mountain tops
Swam all across the ocean blue
I crossed all the lines, and I broke all the rules
But, baby, I broke them all for you
Oh because even when I was flat broke
You made me feel like a million bucks
You do
I was made for you.