Chapter 21 - Thinking out loud

Love has boundaries. We know this. We knock them down, build them back up, then knock them down again. But does it have to be that way? Can't we learn? Can't we be brave? Can't we believe? Because, maybe, that's all we need. A little courage. A little hope. A little belief. Maybe there are no boundaries if we choose to not see them. Maybe love is unlimited if we're just brave enough to decide love is limitless. Maybe there's enough happy for everyone.

📍Paris, Shangri-La hotel

Owen's POV

Me - Cristina Yang, will you marry me ?

Cristina - I...

Me - Wait, before you speak, I don't want a big, fancy wedding, I only want to be with you and I want you to know that you don't need to answer immediately, you can take all the time you want to think about it. I know our first marriage was not a good decision and you must be afraid, but...

Cristina - Owen...

Me - Just let me finish.

Cristina - No Owen, listen to me. I was going to say that I want to spend the rest of my life with you too. I don't care about our previous marriage and our divorce, I only care about us. You, me, and the baby.

Me - Are you saying...?

Cristina - Yes, she said with a bright smile.

She jumped into my arms and we laughed. Holding her tightly in my arms, I felt I was the luckiest man in the world. I really didn't expect she would say yes right away.
I caressed her cheek, then her hair and we kissed passionately.

Me - Are you tired ? Do you wanna sleep ?

Cristina - Right now, I just want to take off my dress, my shoes and go into the bed with you, naked.

Me - Oh, I see...

I took off my jacket, unbuttoned my shirt and unzipped her dress.

———————————————————

Cristina's POV

I slept great last night in Owen's arms, but I was also very tired and the bed was so comfortable, full of cushions.
I couldn't believe that we were going to get married. A second time. But I knew that this time it would work, from now on, we wanted the same things and we were devoted to each other, no one could ever come between us, and we loved each other more than anyone could ever love another person. I was looking at the ring on my finger, it was beautiful but pretty big. Well, at least, I could show people that I was taken.
I turned around to look at Owen.

Owen - Hey, you're awake.

Me - Yeah, I slept so well.

Owen - Me too.

Me - Hum...we should talk about the wedding don't you think ? You said you didn't want a big wedding.

Owen - Yeah, we can just go to the City Hall, sign the paper and that's all.

Me - Really ?

Owen - Yes, I don't really care about the big party with a lot of people. I just want our lives to be bound forever.

Me - I love you.

Owen - I love you too.

Me - Let's do that.

Owen - We'll go in two days, and let's enjoy our last moments as an engaged couple.

I felt the baby kicking, really hard.

Me - Wow, I think she'll be a footballer or a boxer, or something like that. I didn't think a baby could have such a strength.

Owen - I'm gonna talk to her, it may calm her down.

Me - Maybe...

He started talking to my belly, with a baby voice. I rolled my eyes.

Owen - Hey baby, it is daddy. You know, your parents are going to get married. It's nice, right ?

Me - By the way, did you think about a name for her ?

Owen - I like Cherry.

Me - Oh no, absolutely not. It's a fruit name.

Owen - I found it cute, but I like Victoria and Helena too.

Me - Yeah, it's not as bad. But I love the name Madi.

Owen - I like it, but I prefer Helena.

Me - What do you think about Eve ?

Owen - I dunno, it's too short.

Me - I think it will be a little bit complicated.

Owen - We still have time.

Me - Not so much, I'm almost 28 weeks.

Owen - Don't worry, we'll talk about it later, he said by kissing my belly.

And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe just the touch of a hand
Oh me I fall in love with you every single day
And I just wanna tell you I am
So honey now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
Maybe we found love right where we are.