You're gonna wish you never had met me

Seven years ago, 2007
Caitlin's Pov
I walk through the campus at Central City University. I look around with a bright smile and wide-eyed.

I walk around and attempt to find my dorm room. When I finally get there I set my suitcase on a bed and start setting up small things. I hear the door open and another woman with a suitcase comes in. I'm guessing she's my roommate.

"Hi, I'm Iris. Iris West." She says walking up to me.

"I'm Caitlin Snow. You must be my roommate." I say shaking her hand.

"So, what are you studying?" She asks.

"I'm studying to be a bio-engineer. And you?"

"I'm going into journalism."

"Two very different things."

"Yeah." She says laughing softly.

"Do you want to go out and get some ice-cream or something? Get to know each other a little better?"

"Sure, just after I finish unpacking."

"Well, of course."

A few moments of awkward silence passes as she unpacks. I sit on my bed with my legs dangling off the end.

"So, Caitlin, have you seen any cute boys yet?'

I make a face that looks a little confused. It was an awkward question to be quite honest.

"I-um, I haven't really seen anyone. I'm not that interested in dating right now anyway. I want to be more focused on my career."

"Come on, that's so boring and cliche. Let's go find you a guy."

She grabs my hand and practically pulls me off my bed. I grab my small purse quickly as she drags me.

"This really isn't necessary, Iris."

"From what I can tell so far, you have no social life, you're also boring and lonely as hell. Lets at least have some fun. It's your first day of college. Let's celebrate."

"Please don't tell me we are gonna be doing anything crazy." I basically beg.

"Fine, we will start with baby steps. Lets actually go outside for once and get ice-cream then."

I try to ignore the small insults but they are true to be quite honest. I wasn't the most popular girl growing up lets say.

I follow Iris since she seems to know where we are going. We arrive at a small ice-cream shop eventually and we both get some ice-cream and sit down.

"Do you see anyone you see anyone you like, Iris?" I ask very shyly.

She slowly looks around the room before turning back to me.

"No one really looks like my type. Do you see anyone?" She asks me.

Me, being quite embarrassed just quickly looks, barely seeing anything. Somehow, this small glance got my brain to pin a point right on one guy. I look with a dead stare, not being able to take my eyes off of him. He sits alone at a small table and also eats some ice-cream. He is more thin but has gorgeous hair and eyes. I smile seeing him and it's almost like my heart has stopped. He turns his head and looks at me slightly confused. Realizing that I have been staring at a random stranger for a solid 45 seconds, I quickly turn to Iris and duck my head.

"What happened?" She asked.

"He saw me." I say quietly.

"Oh, you saw someone." She says with a very surprised tone.