When the pain cuts you deep

One week later
Caitlin's Pov
Every single day has been getting worse and worse. Not only is Barry around all the time, he's also become a hero. Calls himself The Flash. He protects the city from other meta humans and I'm still here. I'm still protecting him when he hurt me so badly.

We have a truce but it hurts every second.

I wait in the elevator as it goes to the level where the cortex is.

Cisco and Barry are talking. They're smiling as they laugh. Both are so happy and I'm in a living hell.

"Hey, Cait." Cisco says as I walk in.

"Hi, Cisco." I say with a bright smile. I turn to see Barry again though and it fades away.

"Barry." I say with zero enthusiasm.

"Could you at least pretend you like me or something?"

"We called a truce. The truce didn't state that I had to like you."

I walk immediately away from them and try to keep myself together.

Barry's Pov
I see Caitlin walk away. I start to talk to Cisco again tying to ignore Caitlin and I's small scene.

"Do you know why she's so mad at me?" I ask Cisco since he's so close to Caitlin.

"Why wouldn't she? You broke her."

"I know, and I feel terrible about it."

"You should."

"So you're taking her side?"

"When was this about taking sides? I'm just saying she has a right to be angry with you."

"It seems like she's so much more than angry. There's something to her, Cisco. There has to be some other reason."

"Go talk to her then."

"She doesn't even want to look at me!"

"I won't tell you what happened but she has every right to be upset."

"So you know why?"

"Yes, but it's also not my job to tell you. Go talk to her."

"I know you might think I'm a monster but I still care about her. I don't want to see her like this."

"What did you expect to happen? Her to be fine?"

"Of course not but I didn't think it would be this bad. I stopped loving her then but I didn't stop caring about her."

"I care about her too. Just go try and talk to her."

"Okay."

I stand up from the chair in the cortex and walk to Caitlin who is staring off into space in the speed lab.

"Hey, Cait."

"What did I tell you about calling me that?"