I will always love you

The next day
Caitlin's Pov
I open my eyes in the morning and look around  at my location. This is definitely a odd place to fall asleep. I barely even remember falling asleep here.

I'm curled up in a ball on a chair in S.T.A.R labs with a blanket covering me. I get up and stretch my body to wake myself up. I roll my neck mostly because I wasn't sleeping in the most comfortable position. I get my phone off of the desk and see that I have a text from Barry. I open the message and start to read.

I'm not sure how much you'll remember from last night but after your mental breakdown you were basically half asleep. After you fell asleep in my arms I set you in the chair and left. I hope that was okay with you.

The memories start to come back I honestly sit back in the chair so I don't fall over. I was breaking down so Barry hugged me as I said I was a monster and made a mistake several times. He was hugging me for so long and with the combination of too much melatonin and the pain of crying, I started to fall asleep on his shoulder. He picked me up bridal style and held me in the chair like a child and I don't really remember what happened from there. I probably just fell asleep. I reply back to him after remembering what happened.

C: It's fine. I'm sorry about yesterday. All of it.

I see the three little dots at the bottom as I wait for a reply.

B: It's okay Caitlin. I understand why you were breaking down so much. She's a special girl.

C: I'm not just sorry about that. I'm sorry about everything I did. Not telling you, blaming you for my mistakes.

B: and I'm sorry too. I did something unforgivable that pushed you that way. I caused you pain and I'm sorry.

C: I don't want to fight anymore.

B: Me either.

C: Can we please stop?

B: Yes.

I set my phone down on the counter and just get flashbacks yesterday.

Everything in my body hurts. That moment when you can actually feel the pain in your chest from seeing or hearing something that breaks your heart...it's one of the worst feelings.

I remember Barry telling me about her. It was heartbreaking for someone to tell you about something so beautiful that you could have had. I have to see her. I need to. Me, being incredibly lazy and knowing how long the drive will be, I text Barry again.

C: Can you take me to Star City?

B: Of course.

He ends up in the Cortex seconds later once he gets the message and we stand directly in front of one another.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" He asks.

"I need to."

"Okay." He starts to reach to grab me but I interrupt him.

"Barry, before we leave I want to say I'm sorry. In person, not over text. I should have told you. You had a right to know. Because I didn't tell you, it led to the biggest mistake of my life."

"I'm sorry too. I mean, I did something that was terrible. I broke someone's heart and a broken heart can lead you to make mistakes. What I did is unforgivable."

"What you did wasn't unforgivable."

"Of course it was."