The lights go down

A week later
Caitlin's Pov
I sit in the cortex with a cup of green tea around eight at night. Sometimes I have to have some sort of caffeinated drink to make it through the day. Barry and I are on good terms now which is nice. I thought the arguing would never end to be quite honest.

I still miss her though. I think about Rachel everyday and my heart aches from the pain of not having her with me. I've been trying to keep all of those feelings locked up and away but that's impossible. I want to talk to someone but Cisco would never understand and I'm scared of picking a fight with Barry by accident.

Barry comes walking into the cortex a few moments later as I continue to do close to nothing.

"What are you still doing here?" He asks.

"I don't know to be quite honest."

"There's no new metas to track down or anything we need to train for."

"Why are you here?"

"Coming here has helped me escape the reality I have without Rachel."

"I still have barely any food. I keep Pizza Pockets stored away but Cisco keeps eating them."

"How about we go get some food. You need it."

"Barry, I don't know."

"It's not a date. I insist on taking you to actually eat."

"Okay, fine."

I stand up and grab my coat and purse. We both start to walk into the elevator and I press the button to go to the bottom level.

"So, where are we going?" I ask him.

"Well, there's a local karaoke bar nearby."

"You expect me to be able to sing tonight?"

"No. Definitely no."

"Only because you know how bad of a singer I am."

"You're not that bad!"

"Barry, lets be real."

"Okay, you're bad. You're really bad."

"I'm aware."

We both laugh at the small conversation and my inability to sing. After we get to the restaurant we sit at table and start to talk more.

"How are you holding up?" Is the first thing he asks.

"I'm doing better then I thought. I've just been through this before so it's easier to move past it again."

"Makes sense."

"How about you?"

"I can't stop thinking about her."

The conversation gets interrupted by a waiter coming to the table.

"Would you like anything to drink." The waiter asks.

"Just a water." I say shyly.

"Gin and tonic." Barry says.

"Okay." The waiter says taking off.

"You know the alcohol won't affect you, right?"

"I know, so I had Cisco make me something special. He said it should work." He holds up a small bottle to show me.

"That's fun."

"I'm pretty excited to finally be able to have a drink after all we've gone through the past couple weeks."

"Why did you order the gin and tonic then?"

He remains silent and I connect the dots.

"Barry Allen!"