Epilogue

Our love ain't water under the bridge

Four Years later
Caitlin's Pov
Barry, Rachel and I are all crowded around the T.V watching a movie. Rachel sits eating a bowl of popcorn and I lean my shoulder on Barry. Rachel turns around and sees the two of us together.

"Where did you guys meet?" She asks.

"That's awfully random." Barry says confused.

"I want to know. How did you meet?"

I reach over to the remote and pause the television. I begin to start the story.

"Well, I was with my friend...ex-friend in college. It was my first day so we wanted to know each other. We went out and that's when saw your father for the first time."

"You were staring at me for a really long time." He adds on.

"I was a little star-struck, okay. I buried my face in my arms of embarrassment and my friend and I left. I was a klutz and I guess it was something meant to be. I walked into him and dropped everything I had."

"I helped you pick it all up and you asked how you could repay me."

"And then you just casually asked me out."

"That's it?" She says slightly disappointed in our boring story.

"Pretty much." I say.

"That means you have been together for over 10 years." She says doing the math.

"Well....it's complicated."

"Very complicated." Barry adds.

"So where did you meet though?" She asks since we didn't really tell her.

I smile at Barry and he smiles back.

"How about we show you instead."

Excitedly, we all go to the car and Barry drives us there. I remember every detail about that place. As I walk into the cool shop again late at night. I get hit with the same cold wave again. Barry, Rachel and I all go order what we want and Barry leads us to a specific table. I laugh at the fact that he took me to this one. We all sit down and I just look down at the table.

"Why are you laughing?" Rachel asks me.

"This place is just special. This is the exact table where your father proposed to me two years ago." I say twirling the wedding ring around my left ring finger.

"Really?"

"It's also where we first met. My 21st birthday was spent here...there's just a lot of good memories spent here." I chuckle a little reminiscing about those times.

"So...mother." Rachel starts.

"What do you want?" I ask quickly since I can tell when she wants something from me.

"You know Damaris..."

"Yeah, your best friend."

"She just got a puppy."

"Your point?"

"It's really cute and..."