Chapter Eleven

Serena, Nora and I were sitting at the back of Serena's limousine on our way home, the three of us were staying the night at her house. I was looking out of the window at all of the lights in the houses, the people walking down the streets, everyone walking with a purpose, going somewhere exactly like when I got here in August. But this time, I felt like I belonged. Like I could walk down the streets with a purpose without feeling out of place.

I felt myself getting happier. I felt my broken pieces coming back together. I guess I could said I felt okay. And it was good. This is what getting better felt like, I hit rock bottom before so this could only get better from now on...right? Or at least I hoped it would be that way, funny thing about life is often what we want it's not what we get. I felt okay but I wasn't in the best of moods. Just having one of those weird nights, I guess.

"Why are you so quiet Sav?" Nora asked me

I turned to face them both. I'm not usually a very talkative person in the car, and this was obviously no expection.

"Nothing, I just like looking out of the window haha"

"Where did you go at the dance I didn't even see you!" Nora said. Was she fucking kidding me right now?!

"Me?! What the fuck you were the one that went off somewhere with Jacob like thanks for telling us by the way that you and him have a thing"

"Damn calm down Savannah haha it was just a joke"

"Well it wasn't all that funny, now was it?"

"Lol dude chill what's wrong?"

"Nothing is wrong oh my days man. I'm just saying next time you want me to go somewhere with you guys don't leave me hanging. It wasn't cool at all specially cause I barely know anyone and maybe you don't know this yet Nora, but S you know I'm shy and I wasn't just going to start talking to people and make friends and bake cakes and be all happy. You know that's not who I am, so I'm sorry if it bothered me that my two closest friends here left me hanging"

"Okay we're sorry" Nora said. She started looking at me like I was some lost puppy and I immediately regretted opening my mouth in the first place. This is why I keep my mouth shut in the car.

"This is not about us Nora" Serena said. She was staring at me and I thought to myself "She figured it out all out already". I turned to face her, "So, what happened?"

I rolled my eyes at her, something I knew she hated and kept looking out of the window. I knew I was going to have to tell them sooner or later but later seemed more appealing at this point.

"Fine don't tell me now. You're going to have to at some point so you're choice"

I kept looking out of the window. I didn't realize how much it did really bothered me the fact that they both left me hanging at the dance up until now. I knew I had Zayn but still...it wasn't something I expected from them. Specially both of them.

When we finally go to Serena's, I went straight into the bathroom to take off that hideous mascara I put on without even knowing why, and got on my pjs. I seriously don't know why I even bother wearing make up. I always end up forgetting I have it on and end up with smudged eyes like I was punched by a 500 pound man. Honestly it was terrible. Plus it made my face itchy and it made me feel more girly than I like to. When I left the bathroom Nora and Serena were sitting on Serena's bed with their hands intertwined. She both looked at me like I was on drugs and I needed rehab.

"Is this some kind of intervention I don't know about?"

"We just want to help you..." Nora said in that worried tone mothers use when they're trying to advise their children.