chapter 12

I couldn't look anywhere near her direction throughout the next day.

Even when Yugyeom said that she looked at me a couple of times, that just made me want to bury my cherry head into the ground.

At lunch, I held on to Yugyeom's sleeve and dragged him to the lunch table while carrying my tray. He laughed while I did, garnishing stares from some people in the cafeteria. I plopped into my seat and stared down into my lunch.

"Jungkook, loosen up. It's not a big deal," Yugyeom said, nudging my shoulder.

"But Yugyeom, that's so embarrassing. Why did you tell her?" I groaned, burying my face in my hands.

"What's up with Kook now?" Jaehyun asked.

"He's embarrassed because I told his new 'girlfriend' that he can't woo people," Yugyeom explained, "And Jungkook, she wanted to know. Why else would I tell her?

I suddenly snapped my head back up and eyeballed him.

"She wanted to know?"

"No shit Nochu," Yugyeom said, his voice exaggerated beyond its normal tone, "Seriously, I wonder how you got into high school sometimes."

"Shut up," I said, punching his shoulder. He yelped and held his arm, glaring at me through his pained eyes.

"You should actually try looking at her today, instead of being a little wimp," he mentioned while rubbing his arm. I rolled my eyes and looked down at my lunch instead of him.

"Come on Jungkookie, you're already past the situation. Just look at her and smile," Mingyu said, and I sighed nervously.

"If you don't do it I'm going to hit you like you hit me," Yugyeom stated, and I turned to look into his straight face.

"Try me," he added, crossing his arms and sending an even icier stare in my direction.

Sighing once more, I turned in my chair and scanned the lunch room for her until I spotted her table.

Her expression was unreadable, with hair covering the sides of her face and her hand propping up her chin, fingers covering most of her mouth. Her friends beside her were talking with an urgency, with the way their hands danced around the air and the way their eyebrows furrowed mean lines into their skin.

But Hana noticed me staring.

She stopped talking and a smile settled on her face, but the corners of her lips were still pointed down.

She nudged Jia and pointed towards me, and I gave her a wave.

She returned it, and I could see the beginning of a smile start to rise on her face.

But as soon as it did, her eyes darted from mine to something else.

And her smile dimmed. 

A/N: hehehe what's happening here?

+ thank you so much for more than 300+ reads and 50+ votes! your reactions and support makes me so soft and more motivated to continue writing this story! so thank you <33

++ my friend @zombierunBTS is going through some hard times so I want y'all to go over to her account and shower it with lots of love okay? she deserves it all and more. 

+++ have a wonderful day/night.