chapter 32

"Yah," Yugyeom said, "stop ignoring me."

"I'm not ignoring you," I replied, continuing to eat my lunch.

It was quiet for a moment but it was cut off by the sound of him chuckling to himself.

" 'Not ignoring' huh? Why don't you look at me then?"

"Because I can do whatever I want," I responded.

"And that includes being jealous," he said under his breath, and I kicked him beneath the lunch table.

"Stop saying that," I said, "Why would I be jealous?"

"Do you want me to expose you? I could name at least three things from the top of my head right now," he stated, crossing his arms his chest and inviting a challenge.

I shrugged my shoulders.

"Go ahead. I'm not jealous," I repeated, and words instantly tumbled from Yugyeom's mouth.

"First of all, after art class yesterday you didn't even talk to me in any of our next classes,"

"Second, when I texted you, you gave some weak responses but became interested when I talked about Jia,"

"And third, today when I thought you were going to be normal, you continued to not talk to me after I greeted and talked to Jia before you," he finished, putting his hand against his temple and propping his arm on the table, staring at me with eyes that dared me to question him.

I couldn't speak.

"That's pretty solid evidence," Jaehyun said, "And look, your ears are turning red."

"Then it must be true," Mingyu added on, and I shielded my face with my hands, becoming overwhelmed by the assault of embarrassing comments.

"Come on Jungkook, just admit it already," Yugyeom whined and shook my shoulders to get a response out of me.

"Admit what exactly?" I asked, and earned a scoff in return.

"That you're jealous and you like her," he said and buried my face farther into my palms.

"Can you please stop saying that?" I murmured, keeping myself covered.

"I would, but I don't like keeping the truth to myself," he responded, and I groaned, giving up on the idea that he would stop bothering me about the whole situation. I moved my lunch tray to the side and then laid my head on top of the table.

"Are you really that flustered?" he asked, and I felt his finger poke my arm a couple of times. The light and joking tone of his voice made me inch away from him, as he wasn't taking my distress soberly.

"Yes. I need time to think if you don't mind," I said, and the poking stopped.

"Ah, Jungkook needs time to think guys. Let us not disturb him," I heard him say, and the feeling of his body next to me faded a bit. The talking between him, Mingyu, and Jaehyun resumed, which finally gave me a chance to think by myself.

But once I was in my own space, I couldn't figure out where to start first.

The situation with Sangchul was the most prevalent thought lingering in my mind, although Jia had told me that he was just a friend.

She didn't know that we heard them in the hallway last week, and I don't think she would be happy to know that we eavesdropped on her conversation with him.

But the way that she talked to him and the way she responded to me when I asked her about it gave me the most confusion.

On one hand, she talked to Sangchul as if she was annoyed at him, but he seemed to have calmed her down with his actions.