chapter 34

"In your face," I said as soon as I made eye contact with Yugyeom in the morning.

"What are you talking about?" he asked, and I swiftly pulled out my phone from my pocket and showed him the conversation between me and Jia.

"I did it," I stated, as I watched his eyes become larger before he looked up at me.

"Looks like you're learning from the master himself," he said, leaning into his chair and putting his arms behind in head, in what I could say in the cockiest expression I've ever seen him in.

"Oh please, that's embarrassing," I said, quickly going to my seat and putting my phone away and my books on top of my desk.

A smile cracked his smug expression and he sat upright again in his chair, turning his head to me.

"Were you nervous? I bet you were," he asked, and I nodded my head in a subtle way, but he caught it.

"Ah, you're still a baby then. I thought you grew some confidence," he said, and I snapped my head at him.

"Yugyeom, you know how hard it is to ask for someone's phone number?"

"No."

"Exactly," I said, turning to the page in the book that we had to do for homework.

"But it shouldn't be hard to ask for if it's your friend," he said, and without even looking at him I could tell that he was smirking.

Then he gasped.

"Oh my God, you're blushing!" he whispered-screamed, and my hands instantly went up to my cheeks to cover them.

"Yugyeom, be quiet!" I whispered back, "There's a lot of people here!"

"No way! You're blushing! You really like her!" he said, covering his mouth, his legs hopping up and down like a little kid.

"Stop it already," I groaned, leaning back into my seat and covering my entire face to avoid being asked questions.

"And you're not denying it either," he said slowly, before an actual squeal left his mouth and he started bouncing up and down in his seat.

"Holy shit, you're falling for her!" he whispered again, and my entire face felt like it was on fire.

"Yugyeom, please stop," I said, trying not to remove my hands from my face and wrap them around his neck.

"But can you at least say it? You don't how exciting this is for me," he said, his fingers gripping onto his desk as if he would fall out of it.

"Say what exactly?" I said, and I heard him scoff and felt a light punch to my shoulder.

"You know, that you may have feelings for her?"

Feelings.

The word echoed off the walls of my brain, the unfamiliarity of it struggling to be deciphered by my novice mind.

I haven't heard the word in a while.

Even so, in the back of my memory, I remembered an emotion that hadn't been opened up in a while. An emotion that consisted of straight lips being turned into bright smiles, laughter that could have made the coldest stone break, and flashes of rose blossom onto the sides of faces. The vague images of hands being intertwined and quick hugs being exchanged encompassed my mind.

However, I could hardly understand why that one word could be connected to such appealing memories, when in fact they turned out to be as nice as a kick to the stomach.

So I quickly discarded them again, and they went back to the drawer of memories in which they had been stuck in.

"Yugyeom, let's talk about it later," I said, finally removing my sweaty palms from my now clammy face.

I wasn't ready to think about it again. 

A/N: oH mY gOodness jungkook is getting emo this is a sign, guys. 

y'all are probably so confused tho tf am i saying at this point.

do y'all even read authors notes. idk. 

+ thank you guys so much for 1.9 k and 300 votes. idk if y'all think i care a lot about stats and shit but i'm mainly just surprised that it keeps growing and that people enjoy my brain scrabble on a good day,

(well technically, you're reading jungkook's brain scrabble cuz it's in his point of view but i digress)

so, thank you so much for reading! i love y'all for real❤️

+ have a wonderful day/night because i don't know where you guys live and when you're reading this in case you were wondering and i want y'all to be happy because it's a nice feeling.