chapter 20

precaution: this chapter is, interesting. have fun

--

"You're late, you know."

That was the first thing that entered my ears when I reached the library doors. I rolled my eyes and slipped off my wet sneakers, placing them inside of a cupboard. She stared at me quizzically, her hand placed at her hip as she watched me put away my shoes.

"There was traffic, and the weather didn't help much either," I said, standing back up and taking the hoodie off my head. and running my hand through my dampened hair. She tsked at me, before turning and walking towards the main section.

There were a couple of students randomly sitting on the various couches in the atrium, and the dimmed golden lights overhead paired with the hushed chattering coming from the various groups made it easy to sleep.

I wish I could.

The working side of the library was near the back, which Bitna lead me to.

It was much smaller than the other rooms, with several wooden tables with matching chairs taking up the middle of the room. Towards the right, isles of never ending books stood, and to the left were desktops for research, but mainly for us to play around with.

As soon as we entered, Bitna's body went rigid, and a sigh escaped her mouth.

"Come on Jungkook, I already set up everything over there," she stated, pointing the right of the room, and as she looked at me I noticed the familiar lines being scrunched between her eyebrows.

I glanced over to the left side, and sure enough, the cause of her agitation was standing there, completely unaware.

And with Jia.

My eyes widened at how they were working with each other; the relaxed expressions on their faces, the smile donning their faces and the clay that already stained their hands as they tried to create their project.

Jia looked effortlessly calm, and her loose pine sweater paired with her dusty blue jeans complimented her.

I could feel my heart pick up its pace as Yugyeom noticed me and tapped her shoulder, and she turned to me and waved. A hint of her teeth showed through her smile, and strands of her black hair fell in front of her.

I stood there still, and Yugyeom beckoned me to come over with the gesture of his hand, a smirk now on his face.

Until Bitna's voice cut through the air and instantly stopped me from the action I was about to take.

"Jungkook, stop staring into nothing and actually help me," she said, her voice showered with annoyance. I tilted my head towards her and noticed that she was already sitting down at a table, gazing at me with narrow eyes. I avoided them and walked towards our table and pulled out the seat.

On our table, there were chunks of fresh grey clay sitting on paper plates, and shiny metal tools were sitting neatly beside them as if we were getting ready to operate on someone.

"I have a reference picture of what it should look like on my phone," she said, scooting her chair closer to mine to show me the picture.

An image of a baby cherry blossom tree filled the screen of the phone, and she zoomed in on the petals and the trunk of the tree before speaking again.

"I already started forming the trunk of the tree, so you can start working on the petals, okay?"

"Okay," I replied, and she handed me a circular piece of clay to get started.

As I started sculpting, I noticed that she didn't move from her space next to mine, which was unnaturally close to me.

She seemed to not notice or care, as she sculpted the trunk of the tree with ease. Her facial features were relaxed as her hand made smooth cuts on the clay.

My hand was trembling as I tried to make the perfectly curved petals, and they became uneven and bumpy from the vibrations of my hand.

The tension that was bubbling in my chest was gradually becoming more unbearable, by the sign of my petals worsening in shape and the perspiration gathering in my palms and forehead.

Yet, as I put my materials down on the table for a second, shaking my hands to rid them of the tension and sweat, Bitna tilted her head towards mine.

Her dark brown eyes were too close to mine.

Her straight bridged nose was only centimeters from touching mine.

Her lips were curved into a simper, and I felt my heart skip a beat.

I shifted my entire body away from her, swerving around in the chair to avoid getting closer than I had to.

I got up from my seat, covering my boiling face with my hands. My heart was thumping like a rabbit's foot against my chest, and the beat of it took over the hearing in my ears.

Calm down, why are you doing this?

"Jungkook, are you okay?" I heard faintly behind me. I nodded without looking back, and I took my hand off my face to fan myself instead.

With my eyesight clear, I was able to see Yugyeom and Jia weren't at the tables anymore, but sitting down at the desktops.

Yugyeom's arm was around Jia's shoulder, and his head was tilted towards hers.

He leaned in far too close and whispered something into her ear, a smile distinct on his face.

Jia's cheeks lit up behind the wisps of her hair, and she leaned in towards him as well.

They're too close.

And as they sat next to each other, their faces too near each other and their eyes locked to each other,

their mouths seemed to connect. 

A/N: well I did warn you. did you like this chapter?

lol you guys are gonna kill me. 

+ I was going to make this and chapter 21 a double update but having you wait is more fun ;). 

[jk this is a double update]

++ this is the longest chapter so far and one of my favorites chapters to have written ;).