chapter 27

"Why are you lying to me?" I asked during lunch, "She didn't say that."

"For the last time Kook, why would I lie to you? She said it when we were in the library last Saturday," Yugyeom said, continuing to eat his lunch with a mischievous smile on his face.

"How come you didn't tell me sooner?" I questioned, using my hands to fan my blistering face.

"Well, I was going to, but you were being too much of a jealous boy and didn't want to reply to me, so I forgot," he said, shrugging his shoulders. I buried my face into my clammy hands, remembering the way I acted.

"Well, now what?" I asked, my face still being hidden by my palms.

"Huh?"

"Now what?" I repeated, picking my head up slightly only to be met with Yugyeom's raised eyebrow and amused smile.

"What do you mean by that?"

"I mean, she called me cute. What should I do?" I asked, staring at my fingertips in a sudden interest.

His tinkering laugh echoed across our table, as well as the small chuckles from Jaehyun and Mingyu.

"You should-"

"Ah, ah, ah, let him figure it out," Yugyeom interrupted, cutting off Mingyu's sentence. There was a wicked smile on his face as he watched me struggle with a new step of action.

Uh, okay. Jia said I was cute.

But we're friends.

But she's . . . cute, too.

But just because we think we're cute doesn't mean we like each other, right?

I mean, what if she likes me?

Do I like her?

Maybe I -

"What are you thinking about, Kook?"

I jolted up from my chair, my eyes focusing on Yugyeom's questioning gaze.

"About what to do," I answered, propping my chin up with my hand.

"Isn't it obvious?" Yugyeom said, "You're thinking about it too much."

I rolled my eyes at him, thoughts still swarming my brain and occupying all the space I had in there.

I had no idea what to do.

I shrugged my shoulders at him, the cue for my confusion and which earned a scoff from Yugyeom.

"Talk. To. Her," he stated, "In. Person."

Stiffening from his sentence, other options instantly came to mind other than direct confrontation.

"But, I-"

"No buts, you guys have been talking to each other for almost two weeks now and you haven't even spoken to her in person," he exclaimed, and Jaehyun gasped.

"Jungkook, you have to talk to her! That's insane," he said, and my face blew up in crimson.

"But what would I say? I don't know how to start conversations," I said, throwing my hands up in the air.

"Kook, it's the same as texting her, but you're saying the text messages instead. Now, go find her," Yugyeom said, attempting to push me off the chair. My hands gripped the table and I used my body to shove him back, knocking him back into his chair and nearly off of it.

Jaehyun and Mingyu were laughing wildly as Yugyeom struggled to keep himself balanced on the chair. His eyes grew in surprise at the push until he managed to sit still, sending daggers with his dark irises.

"Jeon Jeongguk, if you don't get up and find Jia, I will send her the cockroach video."

I instantly tiled my head at him, eyes bulging and sweat gathering on my skin at the pure thought of anyone seeing that video.

"You wouldn't dare," I said, moving towards him and staring over him, but a smug look was already present on his face.

"I would. You have 60 seconds," he said, and a panic settled into my body.

"Stop fucking with me," I said, grabbing his shirt and shaking him a couple of times, his brown hair covering his face.

"55 seconds," he said simply, and I released him from my grip. I groaned aloud and ran my hand through my hair, my head hitting the table.

"50 seconds," I heard him announce, and I picked up my head and turned around to scan the cafeteria for her.

Once my sight reached her table, I did a glance over to find her among her friends, but couldn't.

She wasn't there.

"Yugyeom, she's not at the table," I said, and he sucked his teeth and pursed his lips at me.

"Bullshit. 40 seconds," he said, and I grabbed his shoulder to turn him on his chair.

"Look, she's not at her table. I'm serious," I said, and he leisurely tilted his head to look at her table as well, his eyebrows furrowing when he didn't find her.

"She was here before," he murmured, drumming his fingers on his chin.

"Where is she?"

A/N: oh where could she have gone? 

(lol i already know sknksks)

+ since i updated chapter 26 and 27 today, you guys won't find out until next week . . .

sorry :). 

i'll make it up tho because next week is special. 

++ have a wonderful day/night lovely readers.