chapter 25

"Bitna, are you crying?" I asked, but there was no answer. More teardrops hit the floor, creating a small puddle of sadness.

"I do-don't know what was wrong with me at the time. I th-thought tha-that Yugyeom was going to ta-take you away from me, so I made him look like a fool so that you wouldn't want to be around h-him. It obviously didn't work, so I t-t-turned to hurting you instead," she said, and the reveal of her motivation hit me like a brick.

She wanted me to herself.

"I'm so sorry," she finished, slowly lifting her head again to show her tear-stained face and red eyes.

The look of utter misery on her face made it hard for me to not reach out and comfort her in a strange way, even with what she's done.

But at the same time remarks that were sitting idly in my brain to say after her apology vanished, and bits and pieces of words were left stuck in my throat.

So we were left to stare at each other, each of us wondering what was going to happen next. She wiped the remaining drops out of her eyes, and partially covered her face with her hands.

"Bitna, I-"

"Jungkook, I-"

We stopped, looked at each with bewilderment in our eyes. She covered her mouth with her hand, her cheeks flashing over with streaks of red.

"You can go first," she murmured, and for a second time in seconds, I was stunned by her actions.

I breathed in and out, thinking carefully about the words churning in my mouth.

"Bitna, you know it's going to be difficult for me to forgive you so quickly. I was hurt in ways that you can't imagine, and I've been trying to fix myself ever since. Fixing myself has been the hardest thing I've had to do in my life so far, but I don't want to hate you for the rest of my life, otherwise, I'll feel stuck in the process."

"So, I partially accept your apology."

Hints of confusion appeared on her face, and her eyebrows slightly furrowed at my statement.

"For me to fully accept it, you have to apologize to Yugyeom, the same way you did to me," I finished, and she nodded her head slowly.

"I will. I pr-promise," she uttered, her voice still doused with hitches and stutters.

She put her elbow on the desk and extended her pinky towards me.

I extended my pinky out as well, wrapping it around hers and moving it slightly.

As I gazed at her face, there were no more tears, and her solemn expression had been replaced with a faint smile.

"Well th-then," she said, looking at the uncompleted pieces of art on our desks.

"Let's get back to work."

A/N: welp i think bitna's a changed girl. how about y'all??

+ have a wonderful day/night, my lovely readers.