chapter 15

You've got to be kidding me.

But, he wasn't. Once all the names had been called, Bitna sauntered over to the desk right beside me and simply stared at the side of my face. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see her head rested on her propped hand.

I kept staring ahead, my cheeks burning with the blood that was rushing towards them.

"So," she started, "Are you going to at least look at me? I'm not a monster, you know."

My cheeks burned even more and I covered them with my hands.

"I know," I responded, and three tsks were heard in the air.

"Then turn your head."

I could almost feel her voice; she spoke with a finality to her words, as if she were a teacher down to her last nerve with her student.

Which happened to be me.

Not wanting to upset her, I steadily rotated my head until I could see her entire face.

Her lips were pursed but the corners were tilted upwards, and her nearly black eyes peered into mine, crinkling at the corner. Once she saw that I had finally given her my attention, she gave out a light sigh, brushing her black hair from her shoulder.

"There you go Jungkook. It wasn't that hard, was it?"

It was.

"No," I mumbled, my vision jumping to every other thing instead of her eyes.

"So, what are we going to do about this project? You've got any ideas in that 코코넛 head of yours?" she said, and a giggle trickled from her mouth like honey when I said no.

"Of course not. But, I was thinking since it is spring and all, that we try to sculpt some type of flower, like cherry blossoms," she suggested, evaluating my face for approval.

"Sure," I agreed, already thinking of how easy it would be to shape the clay into delicate petals.

"Yah, you should tell me what is your idea is," she said suddenly, a smile appearing. "You might have something good."

I gulped, still not having an idea in my head. I racked my brain trying to think of something related to hers, and at first, only the scene of blush pink petals cascading from the lengthy branches was in my head. Then, I thought more of the things that were usually around those trees, and an object finally popped into my head.

"A bridge," I started, and her nose scrunched up like clothes shoved in the corner of a drawer.

"A bridge?" she repeated, her eyes narrowing at my me, "Why that?"

"Oh, urm, b-because," I stuttered, my face reddening even further. My hands balled into fists as I tried to make the words form correctly, becoming more and more flustered at myself.

Why did she have to ask me like that?

"Come on Kook, why are you stuttering so much?" she said, patting my balled hand.

"I thought I taught you better than this."

A/N: 코코넛 - "ko-ko-neos" - coconut

+ today is your lucky day because this is a double update day. hope you like 'em because I'm not sure when I'm doing another one hahaha. 

(actually, I do sknsknksssd)