Why the hell not

HEYYY, SO I KNOW I HAVENT BEEN DOING S.O.T.D's BUT IM TRYING TO WORK FAST TO PREWRITE THESE CHAPTERS AND ALSO BEGINNING 'TO THE MOON AND BACK'....AND WATCHING AN ENTIRE SEASON OF THE MINDY PROJECT ON NETFLIX IN ONE SITTING. BUT, IM NOT ASHAMED OF THAT; IM ASHAMED OF THE FACT THAT I WATCHED GBF THREE TIMES FOR NO APPARENT REASON

K THATS ENOUGH OF MY STRAMBLING (see what I did there? Stupid + rambling? I'm not even funny) GO READ NOW

~

The rest of the dinner went by without a hitch, with me keeping my mouth shut and Miranda dominating the conversation. Soon after my stint, Des and Mark had rejoined the group but I could tell that something was wrong with the way she refused to look at anyone besides Miranda.

"Why don't you kids go off and let the adults get to know each other more?" Miranda easily dismissed all of us the moment the chefs began to clear the table. Dinner, in a word, was freaking delicious! Although tiny, I practically licked my plate clean and only stopped when London hit me with a vicious glare at the sound of my scraping fork.

"But mommy I wanna stay with you" Erick pouted giving Miranda the puppy dog look. She sighed and looked to Elijah, who nodded.

"You stay here, little guy" Elijah ruffled his brothers hair as we all stood from our seats and mumbled thank you's.

"You guys wanna see the outdoor pool?" Ella's tone was aimed at us all but her eyes were on Nate as we made our way out to their backyard.

In a word, their backyard was amazing! The backyard alone seemed to take up the same amount of space that our entire house would. The patio was made of a kind of marble/tile combination that snaked it's way across the entire edge of the house. The moment you stepped off of it, you were welcome with cool concrete that even looked prestige. In the centre of the backyard was an inground pool that put any other I had ever seen, to shame. First off, it was gigantic, and second off, there were little shiny bits at the bottom that were reflecting off the water. Their entire backyard looked over the city and I swore I saw the Hollywood sign off in the distance. A little ways from the pool, near where we stood, was a glass hot tub...I'm actually not kidding; It was fully see through.

"We aren't exactly wearing pool attire" Nate scoffed and I could tell he knew of Ella's little crush on him with the way he made sure to look even more bored than he probably was.

"You guys live right across the street, go get some"

"Maybe another time, Els" Elijah cut in, "since the old folk are getting to know each other, maybe we should too"

Evan nodded and lead us all to the right side of the patio where there was a glass dining table with matching glass chairs.

"You guys sure do have a thing for glass, huh?" I mumbled looking over the bowl of fresh fruits in the centre of the table.

"Our mom grew up in Wisconsin" Ella mock whispered shooting me a grin as if that were explanation enough.

Everyone took their seats around the table and, somehow, I found myself sandwiched between the two Reed boys. Of course, London had hightailed it over to the other side of Evan and left Stephen and Nate to sit on either side of Ella.

"I seem to be the oldest here~"

"Your only the oldest by a year" Evan cut Elijah off and I looked up at him in confusion.

"Don't you mean two years?"

"No...I mean a year" Evan, thank God, didn't put on a tone that made me feel stupid but I was still confused.

"But you're in my English class. How are you in my English class?" I turned to Nate and he did a face palm shaking his head.

"I failed English last year and my coach pulled some strings to allow me to play all season. This year I have no such luck and instead of going to summer school, which would cut into my training, I'm retaking it this year....explanation enough?" Evans tone remained light but I was two minutes away from face palming on myself. I was such an idiot.