The wicked witch and the tin man

SOTD: A NIGHT TO REMEMBER BY BETTY WHO

IM A BILLION TIMES OBSESSED WITH BETTY WHO LOL OMG *INSERT A DIRT TONNE OF THOSE STUPID ACRONYMS*

~

We all went to bed that night in a daze, going through the motions but never really feeling it. I punched my pillow hoping to get comfortable but it wouldn't work.

Nothing worked.

I felt my cellphone vibrate from where it lay beside me and I flipped over and saw it was a text from Evan. I rolled my eyes and switched my phone off; I really didn't want to be dealing with boys right now.

~

"It's almost been a week and Penn is still in there!"

I cringed as the shrill voice sounding the following morning and rolled my eyes as London plodded down the stairs looking more unlike the rest of us than usual.

Nate was sat beside me glowering into his oatmeal while Stephen was on my opposite side shoving eggs into his mouth with a scowl.

"Would you quiet down? Some of us didn't sleep a wink last night" Des grumbled placing her second cup of coffee on the table despite it being only 8:00 in the morning.

"Yeah, well Penn's sleeping with felons"

"I really want you to rethink your wording on that one" Nate shed a small smile but it was instantly gone the moment he refocused on his oatmeal.

"What are we going to do about Penn?" London huffed already dressed in a red maxi skirt and navy crop top. I rolled my eyes at the click clack of her sandals and looked down at my basic tshirt and leggings.

"Sorry for grieving Miranda" Nate snorted and London shook her head.

"How do you grieve someone you hardly knew? She's gone, we have to deal with what's on the table" London snapped crossing her arms over her chest. I could tell Nate was gearing up to put London in her place but it was Stephen who beat him to it.

"You, London" he grunted getting up from the table with a disgusted scowl, "Are a vile human being"

London's bottom jaw trembled and she stared at Stephen with a mix of fury and shock, "So the idiot knows big words"

"The idiot also has a heart; which is more than I can say about the wicked witch" Stephen gave a dry laugh and shook his head, "Or are you the tin man?"

My eyebrows rose at the intensity in Stephen's gaze and London looked away quickly, "Is that what you do now? Try to make girls cry?"

Nate pushed his chair back with a loud scrape and faced London with a sad look, "We all know you don't have enough of a soul to create tears"

London stood slack jawed as Nate looked her up and down and shook his head as if questioning why he would even waste his words on her.

"I think I'm gonna walk to school" Nate muttered giving Des a quick look.

"So will I" Stephen shrugged following Nate to the stairs where they had placed their backpacks, "Andy, you coming?"

I looked to where they both stared back at me and felt myself giving them a slight nod. I couldn't look at London because I knew the look on her face would break me down and I didn't want to break down.

London wasn't a nice person and she had just perfectly proved it.

We walked in silence for a majority of the distance until Nate cleared his throat and turned to me.