How did we get here?

SOTD: DECODE BY PARAMORE

*First quote is Andrea, second quote is a kind of 'future' London, and the rest is present :)*

~

They say that when you're about to die, your entire life flashes before you're eyes.

They say that everything you've ever loved and held dear; all the mistakes and breakthrough's you've made, all come at you like a train.

They say that there's nothing worse than death because until you've experienced it; you'll never know it.

But I'm not sure what's worse.

Dying or not dying and feeling as if you might as well...

~

London

It had been two days since Andrea had gone missing.

Two days since anyone had seen or heard from her.

Two days since we had realized we had gotten it all wrong.

~

Stephen

When you find yourself looking death in the face and manage to escape it; you find that you have a new appreciation for life and all it's entities.

I mean, I had a new found appreciation for the small things in life that I tended to take for granted; like the aglet. If it weren't for aglet's, my shoelaces would unravel and it really wouldn't be a good look for me. I mean, you can't take someone with unravelled shoe laces, seriously.

Another thing I had a new found appreciation for, were cat's. I used to think that they were Satan's messengers but a new part of me realized that they were creepy looking animals that just wanted to be loved...and that was assuming that I had been wrong about them being satan's messengers cuz if they actually were; I officially hated them again. On second thought, scratch cat's off this list; they still freak me out and that's~

"Stephen!" A loud voice jolted me out of my thoughts and I looked up, coming back to my surroundings.

I was sat in a quaint coffee shop far past Belmont, across from Mark.

You're probably wondering why we were out of Belmont and the answer had to do with what happened last night.

"We're just lucky we got out" Mark murmured, pulling the baseball cap he wore, down over his face and taking a sip of his black coffee.

The moment Mark smelt gasoline, he went into freaking superman mode while I literally stood in the corner, freaking out. Mark snapped me out of my little bitch fit the moment he found a slightly ajar window behind the files rack. Pulling it open, he hissed for me to jump out and I did so without asking questions; I was not about to have 'burnt to death' as my cause of death. As I was running from the building, the idiot jumped back in through the window and the next thing I heard was a wailing alarm. He had pulled the fire alarm.

Once we got into the car, he started flipping through the files, determined, "If Evan's file isn't here; we have to find it"

It had seemed so strange to me, in that moment, but the moment the reality of what happened hit me; I was all for it.

"We could've died if you hadn't found that window" I grunted staring out the window behind his head before eyeing the messenger bag beside him, "Those files better have been worth it"

"The file we're about to get today, will be worth it" He said downing his glass and nodding for me to get up, "We gotta go"

Mark placed a twenty on the table and quickly shuffled out the door, me in tow, and started the car before I even got in.