Back it up

SOTD FOR LITERALLY THE ENTIRE BOOK BECAUSE ITS SO PERFECTLY CREEPY AND DARK...I'M OBSESSED: FLAMINGO BY VICTOR MALLOY

"Someone explain to me why BPI sent security footage of two people, one with dirty blond hair, stealing files...files that so happen to have gone missing from my families folder!"

My mind was at a standstill.

Where I had used to think Evan was a genuinely good person, there was something new that I sensed about him; something that set me on edge.

Evan's face was contorted with rage and his bright blue eyes quickly snapped to my arms, "Give those to me"

"We've already read them, Evan" Mark grunted and Evan's breathing physically stilled,

"We know you think your dad killed your mom"

"Well I know you're all cops"

~

ANDREA

I was lying in the dark.

And this wasn't the kind of dark that, if you opened your eyes widely enough, you would be able to make images out; this was the kind of dark that was exactly like it sounded. It was cold and devoid of any kind of life...it was scary.

I tried to call into the darkness but my throat constricted and I only ended up making an odd strangled cry.

"You're awake"

My nerves went into hyper drive as the calm voice spoke. I had no idea what kind of surface I was on as my entire body felt numb but I tried to push myself up from my lying position.

"I hadn't anticipated to hit you so hard...I apologize" just the way he said everything, as if he were having a nice conversation with a friend, made my entire body freeze up. I ignored the searing pain that sliced across my skull and swallowed.

"Then you shouldn't have hit me"

"You're the one that tried to hit me first. I simply did what was efficient" I heard the sound of footsteps and soon a cold hand caressed my face, "Now we can be together without your family...Well, I mean, once I find a proper way to disperse of them"

My insides froze at the way he said the word, "I will kill you if you touch any one of them"

"I love it when your fiesty" I felt my hair move slightly and realized he was only inches from my face, "Get's me~"

"Get. Away. From. Me"

I instantly felt the air around me free up, "I suppose I should allow you to recuperate before we begin"

"Begin what?" I hated how afraid I sounded, I was supposed to be scaring him!

"The next phase of our plan, of course"

~

NATE

"Wait what?"

I probably looked like an absolute idiot but I couldn't care less, what was going on?

Evan's eyelids fluttered, "You don't know what your talking about"

"Don't we?" Stephen whispered, "You saw your dad on the night your mother died and he was a mess; you said his eyes were like nothing you had ever seen before. You said that you saw them fighting through the crack in their door and that he hit her...You were so scared that you ran to your room but the next morning, they rushed her to the hospital; where she died~"

"STOP!" Evan burst out, eyes absolutely wild, "Shut up"

I looked at Evan and what I saw was probably worse than his rage...He was crying.