Chapter 5: Fresh Start?

"What are you doing, Madison!" My mother opened the door to my room and saw me packing my stuff.

"I'm moving in with Brandon." I put my books in the final box. My father walked in, as well.

"Madison, what are you doing?!? Put your stuff away right now!" My father shouted. He started to take stuff out of my packed boxes.

"No, dad! I'm leaving. I can't marry Nathan!" I yelled. He was furious. He slapped my face, again and again. I fell to the ground. "Beating me won't make me stay or listen to you!"

Brandon then ran in and got in between my father and I. I got up from the floor and stood behind my brother. "You have gone as low as to beat your own daughter? What the fuck is wrong with you?" Brandon spoke. "Start taking your stuff to the car."

I then started to pick up my boxes and placed them into Brandon's car. My mother followed me. "Madison Rose! You put your stuff back into your room before I-" I stopped her.

"Before you what? Beat me like dad does? Or what Nathan has been doing to me?" She froze in her tracks when I mentioned Nathan. She was about to start crying. "Don't cry just because your husband deicide to beat his own daughter and make his own daughter marry a monster that is just like him."

I kept bring my stuff into Brandon's car, until all I had left was my backpack. My father had crossed his arms and stood in front of the door. "Put your shit back in your room. This is the last time I'm telling you." He told me.

I opened the door, but before I closed it. I wanted to say the last word. "Brandon and I didn't ruin this family. You did." I paused. "Go ahead and disown us, we will be happier by ourselves." I shut the door and my brother and I drove off back to Brandon's place. Which I now called home.

__________________________________________________________________________

I ended up not going to school, the next day. Brandon said it was okay. I ended up unpacking my stuff into my new room, but once I was done, I was bored and figured I would stuff in the kitchen and wait until Brandon got home from work.

I was startled, when someone knocked on the door. I look through the window to see a bike parked on the curve. I opened the door to see Jax standing there, wearing a black leather jacket. He looked up and smiled.

"I noticed you didn't come to English first period, so I decided to bail." I opened the door and let him step in. "Say, I've been here before."

I closed the door and he sat down at the table. I sat down with him and took a sip of my coffee. "Brandon's my brother. He helped me pack all my stuff out of my parents house, last night."

Jax's eyes got wide. He probably never thought about it until now. "Shit, now that makes sense."

"What are you really doing here?" I asked.

"I don't know." he paused and looked up at my face. "Princess, what happened." I forgot that my cheek was a little red and bruised. I pulled my hair to cover it.

"Nothing. It won't happened again. Don't worry about it." I said, as he moved his chair closer to me.

"It better not." He then took a sip of my coffee. "You still with dickhead?"

I shook my head no, but come to think of it, I don't know if he knew that we were done or not. "I don't know if he knows that. I'm kinda afraid he is going to come here."

"Well, then I won't leave. Because if he does show up, I'm kicking his ass." I chuckled. "Aw, did I make my princess smile?" He grinned.

"Shut up." I smiled.

"You never answered me yesterday." Oh great. Why was he bringing this up again. I could feel my face blushing. He leaned in, lips almost touching, but before we could, someone knocked on the door. "Damn it. Well, maybe next time."

I walked up and answered the door. There he stood. Nathan. He grabbed my arm and yanked me outside. "You stupid little bitch. Why the fuck did you do that to your parents? What about us?!" He punched me in the face and I fell to the ground.

Jax had already jumped on Nathan and kept throwing punches at him. "Jax, stop!" I tried to pull him off. Nathan's face was full of his own blood, so was Jax's knuckle.

Jax stood up. "You better not fucking come back here. If I ever see you lay a fucking hand on her again, you are fucking dead!" Nathan got back up and gave both of us a dirty look. He got back into his truck and left.

I brought Jax inside and into the bathroom. Jax sat down on the toilet seat cover. I took a towel and ran it under warm water. I started to clean up the blood that was all over Jax's knuckle.

"Aw, princess. You care about me." Jax chuckled. As I noticed that he had cut open his knuckles. "Shit. just give me a paper towel and some duck tape. I'll be fine."

He got up out of the bathroom and started looking around for duck tape. He then walked into my room. "Wait, that's my room." He looked around.

"Wow, I was right about your room being like a princesses." He sat down on my bed. I had grabbed duck tape that was sitting on my desk and gave it to him. "Thanks." He wrapped up the tape around his knuckles and gave me back the tape.

"Okay, we can leave my room now." I said, standing by the door. He smirked and then stood up.

"Maybe I don't want to leave your room." Jax said, getting closer and closer to me. My heart was beating so fast. as he leaned closer to my face. "Now, how about that kiss?" My back was pressed up against the wall.

He took my hands and held them above my head. He kissed my bruised cheek. and worked his way down my neck. My heart was beating even more. I didn't want him to stop. The kisses made there way closer to my mouth. Slowly, he started getting closer to my lips.

Jax chuckled and pulled away. "I'm sorry, princess, but you'll have to wait a bit longer for that kiss." he smirked and my hands fell back to my side. What a dick. "I have to go, but I'll talk to you later."

For the rest of the day, I couldn't stop thinking about what kissing him would feel like. I swear, I smiled for the rest of the day.