Chapter 27: My Brother's Big Day

It was a wedding day, my brothers, to be exact. I was excited for him, but more nervous that I would have to see Jax. We had another fight over something stupid and I haven't seen him in two days. I missed him, but I didn't know if he missed me.

Vicki and I were getting the last and finishing touches on our make up. I tried to keep a smile on my face, for Vicki, but she knew something was up. "I think we are all set. Can everyone leave the room for a second? I wanted to talk to my maid of honor." Vicki said as everyone left the room.

"What's wrong?" I asked, but she rolled her eyes. "Cut the bullshit. What's going on?" She said, arms crossed, looking at me.

"Nothing to worry you. It's your wedding day, I'm not going to ruin it." I said, getting up and looking out the window. I saw my brother and Jax, walk into the church, my heart fluttered a little, when Jax came into my sight.

"I won't get married until you tell me." She snapped at me. "I know something is up because you two would've already been moved in by now, so what happened?"

"I happened." I took a deep breath and calmed myself. "I was drunk and said somethings that I shouldn't of said."

"Like what?"

"I told him that even if he knew about our baby in time, that he would still leave me and that he would be a dead beat dad, just like his father." I felt terrible, even repeating it.

"Madison! I'm tired of you doing this to yourself! Stop pushing him away!" I saw her pick up the phone and text someone really quick. "Just because you didn't have the best parents in the world, doesn't mean you need to take it out on him. Remember, he was there for you. Good, bad or in-between. He was there for you."

Someone was knocking on the door, Vicki moved quickly to open in. There he stood. Looking very handsome in his tux. Although, he didn't seem happy to see me. Vicki walked out of the room shutting the door.

It was silent as we just stared at each other. Finally, words seemed to form, for me. "How are you?" I asked. Hopefully, he wouldn't ignore me.

"Fine. And you?"

"I miss you." Escaped from my mouth. "I'm really sorry. I just wanted you to know. If you want me to leave you alone then-" Jax came over and pressed his lips to mine, before I could finish.

"I love you, Madison. I knew you were drunk, but you needed to know that this shit can't happen anymore. I want you and only you. Stop bring up the past, I'm here now and I ain't going no where." He paused as we gazed in each other's eyes, then he looked up and down at my body. "Tonight, you are coming home, to our home because once I get you into that house, I'm going to rip that dress off on you, Princess."

I bit my lip, feeling his skin touch mine, kept me thinking about what would he do with me tonight. He kissed me once more and then held my hand.

"Now, let's go watch your brother get married." Jax said as he grabbed my hand and we both walked out of the room.

________________________________________________________

Watching my brother and my best friend get married was amazing. Just looking at them and seeing how happy they were. I glanced at Jax, during them saying their vows, wondering if we would ever be that happy.

I'm glad my Brandon found Vicki. After everything that my brother and I have been, I'm glad he found someone for himself.

"Here to welcome Mr. and Mrs. Underwood!" The Dj said as we all clapped as they entered into the hotel ballroom. They started to dance their very first dance. Watching them dance together made me smile some more.