Chapter 24: Breaking The Rules

I started to get ready for my date with Flynn. He didn't tell me if I had to dress up or not, so I decided to dress casual. I decided to wear a sundress, just in case he was taking me somewhere nice. I grabbed my shades and keys and walked outside, where he was waiting. He gave me a smile.

"You look amazing." He said kissing me on the cheek and opening my door for me.

"Thanks." I said, getting into his car and watched him come around the car to get in as well. "So where are we going exactly?" I asked, he just smiled at me as I watched him drive out of my driveway. I was a little scared because usually Flynn would give me a hint or something, but nothing.

We drove for a little bit before he pulled into a yellow little house. It had flowers and a giant tree in the front yard. It also had a small little pond that had a bench right next to it. It wasn't like all of the other houses, but I had a feeing where Flynn took me too.

We both got out of the car and I felt nervous. As we got closer to the door, Flynn stopped and turned to face me. "So, I figured that my parents could finally meet you because I don't know if I'll call you my girlfriend or not. Are you okay?" He must of noticed that I was nervous. I've never met anyone's parents or especially a guys parents.

"I'm just nervous." I took a deep breath in. "It's a lot of pressure on me, Flynn."

"I know, but if Jax wasn't in the picture, we wouldn't be in the situation. I'm sorry, but they really want to meet you."

"It's fine. Let's just go in." I said. Yeah, go in and get this over with. He grabbed my hand and smiled as we walked into his parents house.

"Mom, Dad, we're here!" Flynn said as we walked into, what looked like the living room. His mom and dad were sitting down, watching tv. His mother turned her head and had a giant smile on her face when she saw me.

"Bob, she's here!" She got up from the couch and walked over to me. "Finally, we are able to meet you! Flynn won't stop talking about how amazing you are! Come in!" She gave me a hug, squeezing me tightly. "Dinner is almost ready! I hope you like pot roast!" She dragged me into the kitchen and I sat down at their small kitchen table.

Flynn and Flynn's father, Bob, came into the kitchen. "Nice to meet you darling!" Bob shook my hand. "Nice to finally meet you. Sorry about wife, she's been excited about meeting you."

I kept quiet. I didn't know what to say, but Flynn made it even more awkward than it needed to be. "She's never met anyone's parents." Flynn blurted out as his mother got even more excited.

"Oh hunny, that's alright! If it makes you feel any better, we have only met 2 of Flynns girlfriends." She said as I had huge eyes. Girlfriend?? Did he not tell her that we aren't together. Flynn saw my reaction and whispered into my ear.

"I'm sorry, I forgot to tell them about us." He whispered. I then sat up from my chair.

"I'm gonna go outside and get some fresh air." I said trying to leave the kitchen.

"If you are going to smoke your weed, you can do it in here, we don't mind!" Bob said as my face flushed. I quietly went outside and once I got out there, I wanted to scream. I sat down on the stone steps that were in front of the house.

I then heard the door open and closed. Flynn sat down beside me. I ignored him. He should've told me that his parents didn't know that we were broken up. Or that his mother would me this excited for meeting me.

"Why didn't you tell me about all of this?" I asked. I didn't look up at him, I was pissed off as it is.

"I forgot, I'm sorry." Flynn said. "I should've gave you a heads up."