7. Missing Them

3 weeks later, I requested Newt to help me build a wooden shelf that I would place in my room at the guild house since Gally was too busy to make me one. But he did help us collect several pieces of wood and planks during the morning. Newt didn't have to work today so he went to the guild house to help me construct the furniture.

We were now on my room, trying to assemble and hammer the pieces together. Beau was kind enough to lend us his tool box as long as we didn't destroy it. Papa told me to leave the door to my room open for some reason and he kept dropping by every minute.

"You kiddos doing 'aight?" Papa asked as he stood by the door, "If you need....you need more tools, just tell me." I smiled at him and nodded my head before he left us two alone. I locked the door since he was getting on my nerves.

After a couple hours, the 4-layered wooden shelf was finally done and Newt gave it a few wobbles to test its sturdiness.

"Well-" Newt dusted his pants-"now it's finished, what do you want to do next?"

I looked at him cluelessly and shrugged my shoulders. Chuckling softly, Newt pulled me to his chest, encircling his arms around my waist. His hand reached under my hair below my ear, his thumb caressing my cheek. He drew me to his lips, breaths mingling, hearts fluttering. My arms then reached up and tangled around his neck. Carelessly, Newt carried and placed me on my nightstand, knocking off some of my stuff in the process.

We froze for a moment as the noise of the clutters were louder than we expected. I pursed my lips while glancing at the door nervously.

"I don't think anyone heard it." Newt whispered. I smiled and cupped his face, running my lips up his jaw till I finally land a loving and intense kiss on his warm lips.

As our make-out session became more heated, Newt's touch was starting to turn fiercer; harshly nipping my neck and groping my chest or stroking my thighs. I bit my lips to stop the moans from escaping my mouth. In a frenzy, he tore off my flimsy shirt and tossed it on the floor.

"(Y/N)?!" I heard papa call from downstairs and I quickly motioned for Newt to stop, covering his mouth while staring anxiously at the door.

"Why do I hear a rip?" Papa shouted, "You b-b-better not be hammering anything that's not a damn shelf."

"Ooooh they doin' nasty frickle frackle!" I recognized Edwin yelling this time.

"Ed! Shut the fuck up!" Papa yelled back.

"My sleeves got caught on a nail!" I reasoned while trying to hold in my laughter. Newt laughed softly as he slowly undid my bra. "Newt!" I whispered angrily. "Are you jacked? What if....what if someone knocks?"

"You're right," He smiled awkwardly, "Sorry about your shirt."

I pecked a kiss on his nose before clasping my bra back and getting off the nightstand. I went to my wooden locker and took out a new shirt. Newt watched as I slipped it on and I let him be. This boy has already seen everything so why bother hiding? We've been doing the deed every night ever since we first did it at the shower.

We had lunch at the guild house that day since Major Lonn insisted on Newt joining us in our meal. Finn cooked since Mrs. Tram was still busy at the main kitchen and Gus was still pruning the orchard. Major Lonn, Papa, Beau, Edwin, Finn, Newt and I were now eating and happily chatting with each other.

"You kids better be careful when you venture the highlands," Major Lonn warned, "Yesterday, I found several bear tracks in the western part of the island."