13. Boy? Girl? Both

5 months flew by and my stomach grew bigger and heavier, causing more backpains and overfatigue. I had these unusual cravings for mangoes. I despised eating anything else but those lush and fleshy fruit seemed to be the only epitome of satisfaction and not being able to eat those made me really cranky.

Sonya was now on her third trimester of pregnancy. Little did we know that while we were busy saving Minho's ass in the Last City; Aris and her were also busy getting freaky back at the Right Arm camp. Harriet was NOT happy about it. What was weird was that I knew that her baby was a girl -- thanks to my stupid clairvoyance.

Turns out, pregnancy can make you act like a total shuckface. Thomas had been avoiding me since I was always mean to him for some reason. Poor greenie. Papa and Newt were being too overprotective with me which was funny and annoying at the same time.

One afternoon, Newt and I visited our secret lake. I was zoning out while watching my feet soak and relax at the cool waters.

"Do you think it's a boy? Or a girl?" He asked while playing with my hair. I watched the ripples as my feet made circular motions in the water, ignoring Newt's question.

"Love? Are you listening?"

I looked at him. "Huh?"

He sneered. "You seem bothered."

"It hurts," I whimpered while wrapping my arms around my chest, "It freaking hurts."

Newt pulled me closer. "Love, what's wrong?"

I was hesitant at first, feeling blood rise to my cheeks. I stared at his eyes and inhaled sharply. "My, my uugh, my breasts."

"Oh." He scratched his head. "Ummm, you want me to help with that?"

"Newt...." I buried my face in his chest. "I wanna rip them off. I don't....I don't like them anymore."

"I'm really sorry, love. I don't know what to do. You want me to carry you back to the infirmary?" He cooed. I shook my head and tightened my wrapped arms.

My breasts have been this sensitive for two days now and I could not sleep properly because of it. The nausea was not helping either.

"Maybe the water would help you feel better?" He suggested.

Scooping me in his arms, he carefully dipped me into the water until it reached up to my neck. For some reason, I felt better although pain was still slightly there.

"I hope it bloody worked."

I remained silent while Newt wrapped his arms around my waist and let my back lean on him. I felt bad for him having to deal with a needy and grouchy girlfriend. He was really patient and understanding. I was so lucky to have him by my side.

"Do you prefer a baby Newt, or a baby Maya?" He giggled at his own question.

"I think I have both."

"What?"

I turned to face him. "Both."

"Well, not to be biased but I want a boy. Then maybe she can have a sister after."

"No Newt," I sighed, "I think...I think I have both inside."

"What? You mean, twins?" I nodded my head, worried that this news would scare him away.

"Really?" He squealed, "Oh, Tommy is gonna be so bloody jealous."

"What does he have to do with this?" I complained.

"Well, Tommy mentioned that if he had children, he would love to have twins."

"But Newt, that's twice the work. I don't want twins."

"But I'm here. And your dad too. We can do this. You're not alone."

I sniffled and rubbed my eyes. One of the worst things of being shucking pregnant was the constant mood swings. It was embarrassing to be honest. The other day, Minho kept pestering and teasing until I got fed up and threw a rock at his face. It missed him -- unfortunately, but hit Gally instead. He's now at the medhouse. It made Minho annoy me even more.

"Love!" Newt waved a hand infront of my face. "Were you even listening?"

"I'm just tired Newt. I'm sorry."

He nodded his head and helped me out of the water. The way back to the village was quiet. None of us uttered a word since I was too lost in my thoughts. Disturbing questions were always flooding my mind. Sometimes, it made me think that having something growing inside was a bad idea after all and I should just get rid of it.

After changing into dry clothes at the guild house, Newt and I told papa and the rest of Quantum about the twins and each of them had different reactions. Edwin was dancing excitedly, Finn was too dumb to let the news sink in, Major Lonn was surprised, Beau was undecided, Mrs. Tram and Gus were arguing who gets to babysit them, while papa fainted on the couch. I held Newt's arm to make myself feel better.

"Prepare for trouble and make it double." Beau said as he handed papa a glass of water when he woke up.

"Whatever you do," Edwin vexed, "never let Gus name your child." Gus was about to react but Ed cut him off and placed a finger near his mouth. "Shut it Pumba! Zucchini is not a creative name either."

"Twins? (Y/N), that's too much babies." Finn exclaimed, finally realizing what the fuss was about.

"Thompson!" Mrs. Tram scolded, "There's no such thing as too-much-babies, ok? Now, come on everyone, let's leave (Y/N) and her father to talk alone."

Newt kissed me passionately before leaving. Once papa and I were the only ones left in the room, I sat beside him in the couch and held his hand.

"I'm sorry for acting like this, (Y/N). I'm just....I'm just really, really, really worried. I can't lose you. Not again."

"Pa, I'm not gonna die."

"Yeah, I forgot," He chuckled, "My daughter's a badass." I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"But I have to warn you, those li'l bastards are gonna give you a tough time. Those, those tiny whining and pooping factories; you never know what they want." He flailed his arms.

"Papa! You're not helping."

"Oh sorry." He scratched his head. "But seriously, babies will wake you up in the middle of the....of the night so you could put them back to sleep."

I grumbled and folded my arms, staring worriedly at my bulging stomach. His words of wisdom didn't ease the tension even in the slightest bit.

"Raising a child is like a walk in a park," He said, still wearing the same somber expression on his face. "Except that park is on fire."

"Ok, stop," I scowled, "Enough with the advices."

He sighed loudly and patted my head. "Let's just hope they don't inherit our messed up speech."