6. Moonshine

'Newt's Pov:

While working at the rice paddies today, I was too distracted with my thoughts. Thomas constantly pestered me since he often caught me daydreaming.

"Are you sure you're alright?" He asked again as he patted my shoulder, "Wait a minute, you're still thinking about last night, aren't you?"

"Bugger off Tommy!" I yanked him away, almost making me lose my balance. My boots made sputter noises when I shifted to a better position.

"I can't believe you two had sex."

"Sorry to break it to you, but that wasn't the first time."

Thomas' eyes widened as he dropped his hoe to the muddy field. "Wait, so you're saying that the two of you had sex before? Where, in the glade? The scorch? In a Berg? Where?"

I quickly covered his mouth and nervously glaced sideways since he was getting too loud. Gus was just by the side and he would definitely overhear our conversation and then maybe scold us.

"Newt," Thomas began to withdrew my hand, "You had sex back in the glade? Really? We were trapped in a godda-"

"No! Of course not. And why do you care?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "She's like family to me, y'know. Well, I might've kissed her before, but-"

"Kissed her?" I cut him off, "Bloody hell, Tommy!"

"Calm down, man. Let me explain; before Maya entered the maze, I told her to stay. I kissed her thinking it would change her mind. I got a hard slap on the face instead."

I chuckled and lightly patted his shoulder. "Poor you."

"I know," He laughed, "But seriously, where was it?"

I blushed. "None of your bloody business."

Thomas clapped his hands and nodded his head proudly while I threatened to punch his face. Gus noticed that the two of us were busy yapping and we quickly resumed our work.

~

After a long hard day of work, it was finally time for dinner and we all headed to the kitchen. I sat on our table with Fry, Minho, Jeff, Gally, Clint and Thomas. I kept scanning the crowd for Maya. I haven't seen her since this morning.

"Newt and Maya had sex." Thomas suddenly blurted out of the blue in the middle of our meal and I wanted to stab a knife on his bloody neck. Luckily, we were the only ones who heard it.

"Ya'll nasty." Frypan commented. I rubbed my temple as they began to snicker.

Well, atleast I know I'm not gonna die a virgin, unlike you slintheads. I thought.

"I'm not surprised," Gally spoke, "It's expected they'd reach that point, y'know."

"You seen her dad?" Clint said while chewing, "He seems like someone who'll beat your ass if he knows you shucked his daughter."

"Bloody hell, guys. Slim it!" I scowled and they continued teasing me. I was glad that Minho just kept his mouth shut since he was there when I woke up this morning.

We finished dinner yet Maya was still nowhere to be seen. I began to worry. I never liked it when she skipped meals. So I went to look for her.

I reached the shore and saw a small bonfire by the distance. I made my way there and immediately recognized her, leaning on a log, and hugging a small, wooden crate.