20. FINALE

The following day, we decided to bring the twins to our secret lake since they both haven't been there ever since and it has been awhile since Newt and I visited the peaceful place. We just wanted to spend the entire afternoon there and relax. Newt then placed the twins on their sling carriers and wore them on his chest and back. Alfie began to doze off like the lazy baby he is. Kayla was wriggling excitedly. I packed some food and a mat before we headed off.

The cool crisp afternoon air was the perfect solution for my troubled mind. It was so refreshing, I could just lay on the ground and fall asleep right away.

"I just love this part of the island," Newt said, "Peaceful and Minho-free."

"I agree. It gets annoying sometimes."

"Love, I've been thinking about the twins. When they grow up, they have to go to school, right?"

I shrugged. "Depends if the elders plan on building a school or not."

"I hope Alfie and Kayla will be the best in class; smarter than Elfin or Tommy's future child."

"Of course they would be! Right, Kayla?" I stroked her hair and she began to giggle and squirm playfully.

Several falling leaves flutter down and I noticed Kayla enjoyed watching them. She was squealing happily and kicking her feet. Newt chuckled as he tried to keep her at ease.

When we finally reached the lake, I spread the mat under a shady tree. Newt then placed the twins down so they could move aroud. Alfie, however, curled up in the middle of the mat and began sucking his thumb. Kayla was persistent in getting her older brother to roam around, constantly shaking him to get up but he ignored her.

I felt Newt's hand wrap around my waist, pulling me to his lap. We both gazed in each other's eyes longingly, not a single word spoken. He cupped my face and kissed me passionately. With the kiss, came electric tingles, the hunger to play. Once Newt started to descend down my neck, I knew resistance was pointless. And he knew it as well. I tugged the end of his shirt and pulled it over his head.

"Excited, aren't you?" Newt said as he ran his fingers up and down my spine. As a sly and teasing smirk plastered upon his face, goosebumps lined my skin. He started to kiss and nibble on my neck, slowly descending to my chest as soft moans escaped from my mouth.

"Wait, the twins," I stammered, "Not infront of them."

"They won't remember a thing."

"Really?" I moaned. "I uugh, I don't, I think- Fuck."

"Relax, love. Loosen up."

I united our lips again while my hands played with Newt's now messy hair. Still straddling his hips, I gently pushed him down, breaking the kiss only for a second just to take off my blouse. He held my waist and flipped me over instantly, him now on top of me. He lustfully nipped on my skin while letting his hands roam in between my legs. Everything was a sweet, intoxicating mixture of desire and tension. Not that I was complaining. I stole a glimpse to the side to check if the twins were still around. They were still there, but staring curiously at us.

"Wait. Newt-" I motioned for him to stop.

"Huh?"

"Oh wow. Would ya look at these nosy, nosy shanks?" I giggled and Newt looked to the side, chuckling when he saw the twins innocently watching their parents about to have sex.

"Do your mummy and I a favour?" Newt joked, "Stop snooping, will yah?" The twins just stared at us.

"Newt, do you....do you think they know what we're doing?"

"They don't. And their dad needs to satisfy his bloody needs right now."

I smacked his shoulder. "Maybe next time."

"Come on, Maya," He groaned as he sat down, "I know you want to shuck as well."

"I do." I said as I sat up. "But Alfie and Kayla are watching."

"They don't even understand what the hell is going on."

"Newt, I don't....I don't like doing it here."

"You want to do it by the lake then, eh?"

"S-seriously? You really can't hold it in?"

"Neither can you. I know you want me." He smirked.

"Alright!" I rolled my eyes and sighed in defeat, "As long....as long as we both can make sure they won't sneak off."

I could still see the bulge on Newt's pants and if I was being rational, then he would get all grumpy for the rest of the day. Because the last time he wanted to get freaky with me and I refused, he got so pissed and wouldn't talk to me for the entire day. I threatened to tell papa about his antics but even that didn't scare him, which was unusual.

Before I could dip my foot in the water, I hesitated and looked at Newt. "The lake's too cold."

"Body heat, love. Body heat." He smiled before wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me with him as he plunged into the cool water. After resurfacing, Newt started splashing around and I could hear the twins giggling from the mat.

"Even the twins think you're acting like a shuckface!" I said while trying to shield my eyes from Newt's rowdy splashing.

"What can I say, they love me," He chuckled after he finally stopped messing around, "And you love me too."

I raised an eyebrow. "I think the whole goddamn island knows that."

"Oh, really? Well, then, I did a good job, eh?"

I stayed still and locked eyes with him. As time passed, I noticed how Newt's accent was starting to disappear. Even Finn was starting lose his too. I somehow missed it. Their voices made them so distinct from everyone else. It was so weird how I was noticing even the smallest details of how my friends and I behaved like nowadays, making it harder for me to accept all the changes going on. Maybe it was just part of our new lives. Maybe it was a sign for me to finally forget the past.

"Is something wrong?"

I blinked. "No, no, no. No. Uugh, I mean nothing."

"You know, you can just tell me; easy as that."

I smiled sadly. "It's just, I noticed the way you talk now no longer sounds like you did before."

"What?" He giggled, "I don't get it."

"Your accent, I mean. It's, it's, it's gone."

"Well, I wish I could say the same thing with your stutters, love."

I playfully smacked his chest. "Jerk...."

Newt pulled me closer to him. "But I'm YOUR jerk."

I mentally face palmed at his lame comebacks. He was doing his best. I'll applaud him for that. I encircled my hands on his neck before locking lips with him. It was a weird yet eventful afternoon, but honestly, that would not deter me from doing it again.

This won't be the end of Newt's journey and mine. We still have a lot more to go through but right now, all that mattered was that we had each other, our twins and the best shucking friends and family in this paradise, Forever.

[end]