35

**this was a double update. Read 34 if you haven't**
_____________

"Where oh where could you be taking me?" I asked David in a fit of laughter. He'd been driving me around for nearly an hour before pulling up to a considerably large land house.

"I wanted to bring you here before marrying you," he pointed out, stepping out of the car when he parked in the driveway. I did the same and rounded the car to get to him. He instantly took me in his arms and kissed my forehead. I shut my eyes as he did, then opened them to gaze at him.

"We already have a home, David."

"Goodness, no, we aren't moving. This is the house that I grew up in."

I gasped, looking at the house again with a newfound appreciation. "Are you serious?"

"A few adjustments have been made since those days, but this is my childhood home. I wanted you to see it and explore it because... well, I couldn't help but remembering you wanting to know more about my past. And since I went to your home, it only makes sense that you visit mine."

I was practically jumping under my own skin, amusing him with my excitement. "We can go inside? Aren't there people who live here?"

"Mom's a sentimental woman. She's kept it ever since. We usually come here for family gatherings, reunions, even vacations or a simple getaway." He pulled out the key from his pocket. "Trust me, it's occupied and cleaned more than you'd believe, so it's not just gathering dust. Should I do the honors?"

I laughed, nodding happily. "Is everything the same since you were younger? Like your room?"

I could tell that he couldn't answer that question; maybe he hadn't been here in a long while. He just shrugged, said, "we'll see" and proceeded to open the huge, fancy front door.

"Are we alone?" I inquired.

"We might not be, honestly. Don't worry; only family members have the keys."

"It's so beautiful around here. Even the air seems fresher." My eyebrows flew up as he opened the door and I peered inside while walking in. Reality definitely exceeded expectations.

I was anticipating a sort of broken down atmosphere but it was anything but that. The downstairs space was polished; practically made of gold with dark accents and furniture. The windows were so huge they almost looked like walls, and some of them had the sole purpose of filtering light into the home. It was in awe.

David, the man I loved, grew up here. He walked this marble floor millions of times as a child, and to realize that was incredible.

"This place is... wow, you lived here?" I looked back at him and he nodded in reassurance.

"It's a bit much, isn't it?"

"It's like a palace. What if... I don't know, what if we could raise Dawn here?" I shook my head. "Nevermind. Like you said, it's a family home."

"We can bring Dawn here any time, stay for a few days... Cas, this home will always be ours to come to." He touched my cheek. "Should we go see how much my room has changed? Last time I was here was three years ago I believe."

"Oh, well in that case, I'm sure you've taken down all the embarrassing things from your teen years," I teased, smirking. "Race you up the stairs!" I challenged, heading for the staircase and bolting up them.

"Cas!" He followed my lead, chasing after me and ultimately catching up. Our laughter filled the house and he led me down the hall, straight into his old room. I was right; it seemed much more mature than a teenager's room, but he did leave some photos, posters, and decorations on the walls that appeared to have been there for a long time.