Capture the Flag Part 1

I would have made capture the flag one part, but it seemed more fitting to be more.

F.Y.I. From the last part, that day was completely normal with no Tratie stuff after that point.

------------------Katie's POV--------------------------

I woke up to another chorus of, "STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLS!" Again, I wasn't pranked. After pranks was the only time I could talk to and really look at Travis without blushing or getting weird looks from Miranda. (has she been in this yet?)

But I couldn't tell anyone. I went along to breakfast ignoring the angry crowd of Apollo campers around the Stolls. I snuck a glance at Travis to find out he was looking at me. I blush, looking away.

///////////Travis/////////

Why did Katie look away? I'm not pranking her, so she can't  be annoyed or angry. Can she?  Maybe my plan wouldn't work. I didn't know how to tell that beautiful, kind, friendly, amazing girl with brown hair and green eyes my feelings. I'll just talk to her later.

---------------------Katie's POV------------------------

When I reached breakfast, I sat down in my usual spot next to Miranda on the edge even though counselors generally sat near the middle so you could talk to them easily. My cabin liked for me to sit at the edge so they could get my attention easily, and I liked sitting at the edge because it gave me a better view of the Hermes table. (you want to take a wild guess at what she wants to look at)

When everyone was seated, Chiron rose out of his seat. He said, "Hello, everyone! Today there will be a surprise capture the flag! The teams are Poseidon, Demeter, Athena, Hephaestus, Hermes, Hades, Hypnos, Hebe and Nike on blue, and on red are Ares, Apollo, Aphrodite, Dionysus, Iris, Nemesis, Tyche, and Hecate."

Oh, come on! I am usually defense, but so is TRAVIS! And Conner, but he's not that important, to me, otherwise he is as important as Travis.

Capture the flag was getting crowded with the new cabins, so Chiron added another flag. The strategy was totally different than with 1 flag. Only the Athena cabin was pleased with the new challenge, but I had the Athena cabin on my team. :)

After the announcement, the plates gave us our food. Miranda said, "Katie! We have the Athena cabin, Percy, Hephaestus cabin, AND Hermes cabin!"

I was looking at Travis poking at his food. I think he knew I was looking at him. I so smoothly replied, "Huh. What? Hermes cabin?"

"Were you looking at Travis? He's looking at you now. I know he likes you."

"No, you don't. Anyway, we are a shoo in for victory, as you implied."

"Yes. So are you going to beg for defense again? You're a counselor. You should show the rest of us that it's okay to get out of your comfort zone."

"Fine."

"And I know you'd die if you were anywhere neat Travis."

"No I wouldn't!"

"Sure you wouldn't."

"Sarcasm, really?"

"F.Y.I. I read your diary before it disappeared, and I'd just like to say I love your nickname for him." I turned red. I called him Trav. Sure not original, but I'd still die if he found out.

"Nosy." We finished our food, and I decided to go to my little part of the beach.

I was half way there when I heard something walking behind me. It's probably just an animal. I kept going. When I was 3/4 there, I heard it again. I didn't want mystery person to know about my part of the beach, so I ran and took a round'a'bout way. When I stopped, I didn't hear them any more. I continued there only to find out Travis was there.

"Are you stalking me?" I asked.

"Yes and no," he replied.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means that I followed you until you started running, but I don't follow you otherwise."

"Okay."

"You know, I was kinda relying on you to save me-us again."

I pretended to not notice the quick 'me'. "Why would I do that?"

"I don't know. Conner told me that Miranda told him that you secretly-"

"What?! She told him my biggest secret?"

"Your biggest secret? No, I was gonna say spend too much time gardening. I was going to ask you why it was secret."

"Oh, good," I say as I turn red, "Turn around and cover your ears."

"Why?"

"Just do it, Stoll."

"Fine." He did it. I quickly got my diary and covered up my footprints in the sand without making a sound. I wait a minute or two.

"Okay. You can stop doing that."

"Where did that diary come from?"

"I hide it near here . . .in the woods."

"We both know that's not true."

"Ugh. You're impossible Stoll."

"If you let me read one entry, I won't look for it."

"You're going to find it aren't you?"

"Yep."

"Fine."

I carefully picked out one from last year when I had a crush on Will Solace. I gave it to him and said, "I stopped liking him before I knew he was bi. (is that right? Pls tell me if I'm wrong.) I now like someone else."

"Who?"

"That's why I picked that entry, so you wouldn't find out."

"Okay." He checked the time. "Ahhh! F-"

"Language."

"I was going to say 'fudge'."

"Surrrrrrrrre."

"It's been almost an hour. Good thing capture the flag days are free days."

"I have to go."

"Yeah me, too. Conner's probably freaking out."

"Probably Miranda, too"

"When can I see you again?" he sang like Owl City's 'When Can I See You Again. He sang surprisingly well.

"Bye"

"Bye" He turned, but I saw his face sink.

As we both turn to leave, I realize I was still holding my diary, and I never got to write in it. Gods, Travis Stoll.

-----------Time Skip---------Travis/Katie--------

Conner/Miranda said, "Where have you been?"

Travis/Katie said, "Nowhere," as they turned red.