The Beach Is Our Treehouse

I'm losing ideas for this. It might end soon. It's probably going to end one or two months after my school year starts.

On with the story! Heh, I have no sense of time during the summer.

*unedited*

___________________________________

&%&%&%&%Katie's POV%&%&%&%&

Someone is poking me. SOMEONE IS DISTURBING MY SLEEP! Okay, I'm not usually a sleep obsessed crazy, but I was tired from my dream. It was a date with Travis. It didn't feel like a dream, but no way did Travis ask me out. I sighed. Then I heard, "She's finally awake!"

Oh, yeah. The poker. I opened my eyes to see a blurry human. definitely male. with blue eyes and brown hair. As my vision cleared I realized who it was. Three guesses.

You guessed it!(unless you didn't) It was Travis. Wait. . ."TRAVIS!?!"

"Hi, Katie-Kat."

"Watcha do'in?"

"Waking you up."

"Why?"

"Because no one knows we're dating."

"What does that have to do with waking me up? And how did you get in here?"

"I wanted to be the first person you saw in the morning and window."

"Ohhhhhhhkaaaaaay."

"Let's go to the lake or the beach."

"Beach."

"I'll meet you there."

"No."

"Huh?"

"Change in your bathroom. I'm staying. It's 5 A.M. No one will see us."

"'Kay."

I changed into a camp T-shirt and jean shorts. Travis was looking through my false diary.

"Katie, is this real?"

"Nope."

"Then why do you have it?"

"Miranda is super nosy so she looks through my diary. I don't want her to read my real thoughts, and she knows I am a really serious, I guess you would call it, diary writer. It would be weird if I just stopped one day. Right? So I started a fake one which is just campers' names substituted for names of characters in the book I'm reading currently. The diary is just what happens to the characters."

"Let's go to the beach now."

"Come on."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Travis."

"Yeah?"

"You never used the camera that you took on our date."

"I guess I forgot to take pictures when I got lost in your beauty."

"Don't try to be romantic like that. You ended up being a combination of cheesy and cringey."

We both laughed. "Noted."

I could be myself here. The beach is safe. It's where we can be alone. It's our treehouse.