Oh. My. Gosh.

As the rain started to fall, a blue hedgehog started to run. Faster and faster he went, until there was a loud boom in the air. A sonic boom.

Sonic the Hedgehog, was out and running. Only this time, he was in a hurry to get under shelter, as he hated water. Slowing his pace, the cobalt hero's shoes slapped the wet pavement as he ducked under a store tarp. Breathing in relief, he only looked around when he heard a cry from a nearby street. Ignoring the rain, he sprinted around the corner, expecting a robot attack. Instead, he saw a small brown sports bag. Little black spikes were peeking out of the unzipped backpack, and rain was drizzling into the crack, causing the little creature inside to whine, and sob.

Sonic went cautiously over to the bag. To his horror, his suspicions were confirmed.

A tiny blue and black hedgehog was loosely enclosed in the bag. The infant looked no more than a couple days old. Tiny eyelashes fluttered as she cried out. She was dressed in an oversized pink t-shirt, and was flailing her fists pitifully.

What kind of horrible person abandons their own child out in the rain?

Shaking himself out of the stupor, Sonic scooped up the tiny bundle, and ran inside the store. It was only then, when he saw the tiny pin on the shirt: I can't be raised by my mother. Please help me.

Sonic quickly ran through a mental checklist. Uh, newborns need milk. I got that......Here!

Pulling various items off the shelves, the blue hedgehog paid for the items, and sped off, with the little girl in his arms.

Once he arrived at the safety of his own home, Sonic gently put the baby hedgehog on the sofa. She had calmed down during his run, and was snoozing peacefully. Cracking a smile, Sonic rushed around, trying to fix the little baby a place to sleep. He then realized he had no parenting expertise at all. None.

Slapping himself, the cobalt hero groaned. Who could I ask to help me? I could have someone adopt her-

His train of thought was broken when the infant sneezed. Jumping up, Sonic was about to grab her another blanked when she opened her eyes. Deep, mesmerising ruby eyes stared, meeting the gaze of startled jade ones. He got an even bigger surprise when the baby giggled. "M-Mama!"

Heart melting, Sonic cooed, "Aww, you're so sweet! And you learn quickly, don't you?"

The baby hedgehog sneezed again, then broke out into a little smile.

"Who's a cute baby? Who's the cute baby?" Sonic tickled her on the belly, earning him a light giggle.

Nobody's adopting this little girl. She's my little daughter now...

A/N: New story! I had this idea a while now, and I've seen a picture of what the baby looks like on the internet. The inspiration was a Shadow style quill pattern and shape, with blue stripes instead of red. And, of course, her eyes are red. Thanks for reading, and Bye!