Guidance

Sonic's P.O.V.

Sonic had made up his mind:

He was going to ask Shadow for help.

Sonic had looked for any other possibilities, but none were as good as asking Shadow. Amy would've forced him into marriage, and just thrown the child aside. Tails and Cream were too young to handle this kind of thing. Knuckles probably would have killed the baby on the first day. Shadow was the oldest in the group, therefore gaining the most experience. He could be gentle, as Sonic recently learned.

Still, Sonic thought about turning back every second as he knocked on Shadow's door, cradling the baby.

As his fist was about to swing down for the third time, the door was quickly opened. A disheveled Shadow was standing blearily in the doorway. After taking one look at the sleeping baby, Shadow just facepalmed. Faker, you've got a lot of explaining to do.

Sonic nervously laughed. "Uh, Shadz? I may need some help here..."

Ten minutes later, Sonic was being shoved towards the entrance.

"No. Sonic, absolutely not. Why don't you ask Rose?"

"She has no parental experience! She would also use the child as an excuse for everything!"

The look that plainly sent out, 'No', almost made the blue hero scream.

Desperately, Sonic pleaded, "Shadow! I really, really need you!"

Shadow, still resisting, stepped back quickly as the infant woke up. One look was all it took for the girl to bond with the ebony agent.

"Da! Dada!" Her chubby hands grasped the soft, fluffy chest fur.

Shocked, Shadow hesitantly moved towards to let the baby snuggle in his white chest fur.

Smiling, Sonic knew he'd won, after seeing the contented look in Shadow's eyes, after he took the little girl from the blue hedgehog.

"Careful! Don't drop her!"

"Faker. I know how to hold a baby. How old are you? 19?"

Pouting, Sonic just stuck a pink tongue out. "So? I know how to be gentle!"

Shadow, his attention still fixed on the little girl, sighed slightly in defeat.

"Alright. I will raise this child with you, Sonic."

Whooping internally, Sonic just gave the cutest smile he could manage.

"You don't know how much this means to me."

A/N: Sorry again if the beginning chapters are short. They will get longer as the story progresses. Thanks, and Bye!