The unknown...

??? P.O.V.

"Why, Shadow? You were supposed to be my pawn!"

The shadowy figure banged his fist on a steel counter. Far underground, the laboratory was well hidden. The man was staring furiously through a hidden camera, at two hedgehogs. A younger hedgehog skipped happily beside them. She tugged at one of them, pointing at an approaching ice cream truck.

I thought I knew him. I analyzed him. WHY DIDN'T IT WORK?

A series of beeps and clicks grew louder behind him.

"Master. Perhaps you didn't know his real motives." The robotic voice pierced the silent air of the still lab. A cubic shape, one of a brightly painted yellow robot, was hovering behind him.

"Hush, you imbecile. Orbot, smack Cubot. No mind reading, you yellow piece of trash."

A red robot did as told. His metallic hand clanged against the yellow painted steel of the other robot.

"Ouch. That really hurt." The emotionless reply angered the doctor even more.

Facing the screen, the doctor jabbed a large button, and the view disappeared.

"The child was supposed to be rejected by Shadow! Why didn't he just cast it and that blue rat away?"

He turned to his two robots.

Sighing, Orbot opened a holographic analysis chart. "You're forgetting that the baby was created from both hedgehogs' DNA. I am guessing that he felt a mutual connection."

"Ahh, yes. Their biological child. They still don't know, am I right?" Seething, the figure paced around, restlessly turning in tight circles.

Cubot nodded quickly. "Sir! Yes! Shadow thinks it's an abandoned orphan."

The man turned out of the shadows, revealing none other than the evil Dr. Eggman himself.

"Heh...You've given me an idea. You're not useless after all."

The round man started laughing, a deep, dark laugh. The sound echoed all the way throughout the base, bouncing off all the walls.

"HAHAHA! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!"

A/N: Sorry if these past chapters were short. I've been very busy, and trying to squeeze in a chapter whenever I could. But, thanks for sticking around, and Bye!