My Mistake

Shadow's P.O.V.

Shadow was exhausted.

There was G.U.N, nagging him on missions. Sonic had moved in, to keep an eye on Aria. And to top it all off, Aria. She was crazy after she learned to crawl.

Shadow had once found her on top of the fridge, wobbling precariously over the edge. Another time, Sonic heard her screaming, and saw she was entangled in the laundry basket, up on a shelf.

Gaining a massive headaches, Shadow finally blew his top after Sonic started asking him question after question, after even more questions.

"F**K OFF, ASSHOLE!"

As soon as the words flew out of his mouth, he knew he had said the exact wrong thing.

Sonic just gaped, retreating back a couple of steps. Then, he fled through the open door.

Whimpers flew through Aria's doorway. WHAT NOW??

Slamming open the door, Shadow was surprised by Aria, who immediately latched on to his left leg.

"Da? Whe ish Mama?"

Sighing, Shadow just reached down to pat his girl's head. "Mama needs some time alone, darling. It's daddy's fault."

Instead of pulling away like he expected, Aria just gave the cutest little smile, and widened her beautiful eyes.

"It otay!"

Somehow, the little gesture warmed his heart. Shadow just smiled sadly. "Daddy's going to go find mommy, alright?"

She just nodded, and let go of his leg.

Then, Shadow swiftly teleported out of the house.

Sonic's P.O.V.

He knew it was stress.

The blue hedgehog had stopped at a small pond, in the midst of a large forest. He sat on a dying log, pondering.

He must have so much on his mind. I wonder if he'll come after me.

Then, Sonic hurriedly shook that away. Do I.....I do? Am I....Gay?

If he was being completely honest with himself, he definitely knew it. He'd always been remotely attracted to males, mostly Shadow. It had affected his choice in seeking out Shadow, out of everybody.

Sighing, Sonic picked up a flat stone. Skipping it quickly, Sonic picked up another. I'm willing to bet he hates me. He wouldn't have yelled at me.

No! He's so stressed, because you randomly came up to him, and asked for his help on raising a child. That puts a huge burden on him, that he now has to carry! Argued his other side.

Sonic wearily stood up. He started heading towards home, but was stopped by a green flash of light.

Shadow was standing right in front of him.

The look that the ebony agent wore, though, wasn't contempt, or hatred. It was something else.

He looked apologetic.

Silently, Sonic just waited for Shadow to speak. His head lowered, the dark hedgehog started slowly. "Sonic, I'm sorry. I let my emotions get the best of me, and I shouldn't have snapped like that. And-"

He was cut off with a hug. "Shadow, I know. You're under a lot of pressure. You don't have to apologize." The words were muffled against the black fur. Shadow breathed out in relief. "Aria was worried about you."

"Aww... She is so cute."

"Not as cute as you." Came the almost unintelligible reply.

Blushing deep crimson, Sonic looked up. Shadow had also turned towards him, his cheeks and ears dusted pink.

"Y-You really mean that?" asked Sonic, hope laced throughout his voice.

Instead of replying, Shadow kissed him.

Shadow's P.O.V.

Shadow hadn't expected what came next. He thought the blue hedgehog would immediately pull away, or slap him. Instead, the cobalt hero kissed back, with energy and desire.

Shadow had always been fond of Sonic, but he chose to keep it to himself. So when Sonic had asked for his help, he couldn't have refused. He was trying to push his feelings for the blue hedgehog away, but instead, they grew, and grew.

Sonic mumbled something against the tan lips. Breaking apart, Shadow asked, "What did you say?"

He received a little smile. "Well, I said, 'Why did you decide to do this?' "

"Because, well, Sonic, I've always liked, and admired you."

Bewildered, Sonic looked at the other hedgehog. "I thought you hated me!"

Shaking his head, the ebony hedgehog just sighed. "I was so afraid of rejection. I didn't know how to approach you."

Shadow was blushing furiously by the end of it. Smirking, Sonic teased, "Aww.... Shadow's blushing~"

That earned him a light slap on the arm.

"Oww.."

"Oh, be quiet~" With that, Shadow pressed his lips against Sonic's. The small kiss escalated quickly into a make out session. Sonic was tasting all of Shadow's cavern, while the ebony hedgehog was doing the same. Their tongues battled fiercely, intertwining at some moments. Flipping over, Sonic sat on top of Shadow. Then, he went down, firmly kissing the ebony agent. Shadow responded with such enthusiasm, that Sonic stopped a second for breath. Now totally dominant, Shadow rubbed his hand through Sonic's quills, earning a low moan. He returned to the vigorous kissing, and started running his hands down to Sonic's wagging tail. Smirking slightly, Shadow pinched the sensitive spot.

Flaring up even redder, Sonic just yelped. "S-Shadow, l-let's go home. We have to check on A-Aria."

"As you wish." Came the seductive reply. " Once she's ok, you're mine."