Eggman returns...

2 years later...

The next day, as Shadow was walking little Aria to her kindergarten, something peculiar happened. A tiny fly would not leave them alone.

"Shoo! Daddy, make it shoo!" She was batting at the fly with all she could muster, but the little pest always flew out of reach. Shadow sighed. "Chaos SPEAR!"

The fly was turned into ashes as the energy beam smashed into it.

Aria pouted. "Daddy! I wanted to kill it!"

She's pretty ruthless... He thought, smiling.

"Race you, Daddy!" Without another word, the little hedgehog had sped off. Her purple skates flashing, dust billowed behind the little ball of energy. Shadow boosted his own skates, and raced off after her. Moments later, two huge booms were heard after father and daughter reached maximum speed.

A year ago...

"SHADOW! LOOK!" Sonic had screamed, from outside in the yard. As a grumpy Shadow slouched outside, he was greeted by a strange sight.

Aria apparently had both her parents' speed. She had been busted by the blue hedgehog when he had found her speeding outside. Running at the speed of sound, Sonic found her after hearing the loud CRACK of a sonic boom.

"Aria! When could you do this?" Shadow questioned.

"A-A month ago..."

Surprising her and himself, the dark hedgehog grinned so much that his face hurt. "THAT'S MY GIRL!" He picked her up and spun her into the air, his partner just watching happily.

"You're really our baby girl."

Time skip...

"Thank you, Tails!" Sonic happily took the pair of skates from the young kitsune. Aria's birthday had come up, and he was ready to surprise her.

When she blew out the candles, Sonic put the bag in from of her. Aria excitedly tore open the bag. A pair of gleaming lilac rocket skates sat on the table. They had the same design as Shadow's, with a different color scheme and a more feminine style.

"THANK YOU, MOMMY! I love it!"

End of flashback.

As the two slowed to a walk, Shadow noticed a strange sound. It was almost familiar...

"CHAOS BLAST!"

The robot behind him exploded in a blast of metal.

Aria hid behind her father, scared, yet a bit intrigued.

"Aha, Shadow. You didn't have to destroy my robot. It took me ages to build." A sinisterly familiar voice rang our behind them.

Spinning around, Shadow was greeted by a sight he never thought he would see again.

"Dr. Eggman!" He snarled, moving protectively in front of his trembling daughter. "I killed you!"

"Ahhh, but one can live after death, you see." The evil doctor raised up his arms. To his horror, Shadow could see the metal woven into his flesh. Wires jutted our from under his skin-tight outfit.

"Y-You robotozized yourself! H-How?"

Laughing, the doctor smirked. He could even silence the ultimate lifeform. "Why, of course Orbot and Cubot!" His evil grin took over his face. "And you have your daughter. You and Sonic's, huh?"

Aria was petrified. "NO HUMANS!" she cried, tears rolling down her cheeks.

"How did you know that? Have you been-"

Shadow went silent when he reached a horrifying conclusion.

The doctor had been spying. With little bugs, fake rocks, and little animals. All made of metal.

"You're not going to hurt her on my watch." He faced Eggman. "CHAOS CONTROL!"

In a blinding flash of light, they disappeared.