Naming their Angel

Shadow's P.O.V.

"Ummmm, let's see..."

"How about Angela? Faker? FAKER?"

"Huh?" Sonic snapped his head up. "What did you say?"

Shaking his head, Shadow just groaned. "Angela."

Sonic shook his head. "Too common."

"Anna?"

"What's up with you and 'A' names, Shadz?"

"I'm going down the list!"

The two hedgehogs bickered as they tried to find a suitable name for their new baby girl.

"Quince? Shadow, what about Quince?"

"Nah. Too exotic. Reminds me of a bird."

"Ugh. Mr. Hard-To-Please, what do you have in mind?"

Shadow had his laptop open, scrolling through uncommon girl names, while Sonic just sat at the table, thinking.

"Noelle?" Shadow questioned.

"No. Sounds like Christmas."

"Hmph. Who's hard to please now?"

"Come on!" Frowning playfully, Sonic just grinned. Shadow felt something rising up to his face. In the reflection of the glass table, he saw he was faintly blushing. Blushing. Shadow the Hedgehog never blushed!

This faker will be the end of me.

"Ooh, Shadow! How about Vera?"

"Like the plant? No."

Slapping the ebony hedgehog slightly, Sonic laughed. "Not aloe vera! Just Vera."

Considering it, Shadow turned to the little girl besides him, who was currently snoozing. Much to Sonic's horror, Shadow poked the baby awake.

"Shadow! What in are you doing?"

The infant blearily woke up, rubbing her eyes with tiny fists.

Ignoring the cobalt speedster, Shadow smiled softly. "Hey, little one. What do you want to be called?"

Tilting her little head, the blue striped hedgehog just clapped her hands.

"How about Amberly?" suggested Sonic. The little girl pouted slightly. "Ok, no then."

"Marissa?" Again, a little frown.

"How about Aria?" Shadow asked. This received a happy grin, and lots of baby babble.

"You wanna be called Aria? That's my beautiful girl!" Sonic swung her around the room, delighted. Unable to suppress his smile, Shadow also grinned. His smile widened after Sonic swung an arm over his shoulders. The gentle touch made him shiver. Get it together, Shadow. You're the ultimate lifefor-

He was caught off guard when Aria started straining towards him.

Aria clapped in excitement. "Da! Dada!" Reaching out for Shadow, she clung on to his neck, and Sonic transferred her to Shadow's arms.

Rocking Aria, all Shadow could feel was pure happiness and joy. The doubt and annoyance replaced by ecstasy, Shadow couldn't have been happier, with Sonic right by his side.