Sonic's a WHAT???

Shadow's P.O.V.

After teleporting home, a flustered Sonic and a satisfied Shadow were greeted by a little black bundle.

"Mama!" She immediately stretched her arms out to be held. Obliging, Sonic scooped her up. "How's my little angel?"

Aria gave a little pout. Grinning, Sonic rubbed her little cheeks.

"Aww, did Ria miss mommy?" Sonic tickled her little belly, earning him a giggle.

Standing back, Shadow just smiled. This is what my family looks like. I couldn't have asked for anything more.

He watched as his new love nuzzled the girl's chest.

"Mommy's not going anywhere, sweetie."

Months pass...

Something was off.

Shadow could tell Sonic was hiding something from him. Aria had grown, and learned to walk. Her sentences became more comprehensible, and she had met the rest of the gang.

When the hedgehogs had announced their relationship, they were greeted with very different reactions. Ever since, Sonic had been aloof, like he was debating on whether to share or not.

Flashback...

Tails stared.

Knuckles also stared.

Silver stared as well.

Rouge just whooped, and hugged Shadow. "Knew you'd man up sometime."

Blaze and Cream were nodding in approval. "Mr. Sonic, and Mr. Shadow, this is great!"

Amy, however, was another story.

"SONNIKU! WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME? I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME!"

Scratching his head, Sonic just replied, "Of course I love you. It's just that I care for you as my little sister."

After pondering for a second, she just sighed. "Well, if Sonikku loves me, I don't care." Amy looked dejected, but brightened after a thought. "I'll be your beautiful flower girl at your wedding!"

The cobalt hedgehog blushed furiously. Shadow coughed, breaking the awkward silence.

"Alright. There's someone I'd all like you to meet."

Going into the other room, Shadow came out with a large green box.

Knuckles scratched his head. "Is a box a someone?"

Rouge slapped him. "No, knucklehead, it's in the box."

While they were bickering, Shadow whispered into the box. The large holes in the sides provided plenty of air, and easy speaking access. "Ready, Ria?"

"Weddy!"

"3...2...1...SURPRISE!"

Little Aria popped out of the box, startling those around her.

The girls squealed. "SHE'S ADORABLE!"

Sonic sat proudly. "This is me and Shadow's little daughter, Aria."

"Ummm, how?" Silver looked very confused. "Biological child?"

Turning bright red, Sonic started stammering, jumbling his sentences.

"Dumbass, no." Shadow snapped. "Sonic found her, abandoned on a rainy day. We took her in."

Surprisingly, it was Amy who spoke first. "What kind of sick person would leave a baby outside? This adorable little girl!"

"Her mother couldn't support a child..." Shadow sighed.

Sonic's ears and muzzle were still a fiery crimson. "Y-Yeah. We adopted her."

Flashback ends...

Ever since then, Shadow noticed things he hadn't in the past. Every month, Sonic would run an errand that Shadow couldn't know about. Around the same time, he was lethargic, and energy-depleted. To top it off, Sonic was very hesitant in going above kissing. VERY. Shadow knew the blue speedster loved to take things as quickly as possible. These actions stumped him, as what his love was doing were foreign to him.

One day, Sonic was hastily running out. "Shadow, I'm off to buy some, ah, stuff! I gotta g-"

Shadow had stood in front of the doorway, blocking any means of escape. "Sonic, what's with you? Tell me the truth! Why do you always go out every month?"

"I-I, um, I-" Stuttering, Sonic backed away slowly.

"Why won't you tell me? Don't you trust me?" The sorrow and hurt in the ruby eyes were evident.

"Shadow, I-" His hand outstretched to nothing, Shadow had moved away. Sonic felt torn. His secret would have been known sooner or later. So, he dashed up the stairs. Pounding on Shadow's closed door, he barged in.

The ebony hedgehog was calmly sitting on the bed.

"Oh, Shadow, I wasn't trying to hurt you! It just that, well-"

Breaking off, he turned his head away. Apart from his mother, no one else knew his secret.

"Well?" prompted Shadow.

No response came.

"Sonic?"

"I'M A HERM! OKAY, SHADOW? NOW, YELL AT ME OR SOMETHING!"

Shocked by the sudden outburst, the ebony agent put two and two together.

He went out every month. Periods.

He had strange behavioral changes. Mood swings.

Shadow had also noticed Sonic had a more slim, softer build than most Mobian males. Slight curves graced his lean body, giving him a more feminine look.

Meanwhile, Sonic had his head buried in his hands. Expecting the worst, the blue hedgehog thought that Shadow would leave him. He could almost hear the rejection.

Instead, warm arms encircled him.

"Oh, you stupid faker. You thought I'd hate you for who you are? I love you. You're so beautiful. You're my little idiot."

It was surprising to see Shadow so gentle and soothing. Tears rolling down his cheeks, Sonic smiled.

"Shadow..."

Shadow wiped away the stray tears. "Okay, stop moping. Tell me the whole story now."

"Well, first you should know I'm not a full herm. I have male parts, but a female and male reproductive system." Sonic nervously continued. "I was 13 when I randomly started bleeding, ya know, down there. When my mom took me to the doctor, we were all surprised to find that I was a hermaphrodite, and I was on my period."

"Okay. Why hide it then?" Shadow still had his hand laced with the blue hedgehog's.

"I...wasn't ready. I hope you can understand now. It feels good to get off my chest." Grinning warmly, Sonic turned to face Shadow fully. "Can you wait before telling the others? I want to announce it when I'm ready."

The ebony agent nodded. "Of course."

A/N: I'm sorry if Shadow was OOC. I tried to make him as accurate as possible, but it was hard. Thank you again for reading, and Bye!