Our family

Final chapter, guys..

...

"Ok, Sonic. You run in and get Ria. I'll create an easy distraction."

The blue hero focused on the little building in the distance. He could faintly see the outline of a tiny blue striped hedgehog.

Shadow teleported into the doctor's base.

"Oho! Shadow! Fancy seeing you here!"

"Dr. Robotnik. Why. Did. You. Steal. My. Daughter." The ebony hedgehog cast a glare so dark, it made the evil doctor want to squirm.

"W-well you see, she's mine." The doctor tapped a few keys on the board. A picture of Aria's anatomy popped up. "See? She has half of your DNA, and half of the blue rat's."

Shocked, all Shadow could do was stare. Then he turned to the doctor. "That means she's rightfully mine. And Sonic's. And Eggman?"

"Yes, Shadow?"

"HE'S NOT A RAT!" Shadow forcefully knocked a blow into Eggman's jaw. The doctor collapsed, and Shadow looked up at his daughter's information.

-Super Speed

-Chaos Powers

-Teleportation

-Invisibility

"Hmmmm," he mused. "She gets my powers, I know. Who gave her invis- Eggman!"

Now, he was mad. He'd just found out she was his real daughter, and she was also hurt by Eggman.

Shadow remembered the long, painful administrations on the ARK to give him his powers. Invisibility would be so painful to inject.

No wonder she was so afraid of humans.

So, he did what any hurting parent would do.

Rage.

Shadow teleported the unconscious metal doctor into a desert. He proceded to mess up the wiring until it was unrecognizable. He buried the remains into the sand, and teleported home.

Before he stepped into the facility, he stopped. I...I'm a murderer. Oh, Sonic, please don't hate me..I tried, but...I killed him..

Taking a deep breath, he wakes in. Shadow found a calming sight. Aria was nestled in Sonic's arms, on the ground. She was being held tightly in the blue hedgehog's embrace, and both grinned at seeing the ebony agent.

"Shadow! Did you know she had your powers? She got out by blasting the contraptions apart! And she can turn invisible!" Sonic cheered, clinging an arm around Shadow. Aria proudly showed her purplish energy spheres.

To her disappointment, Shadow just gave a small nod.

"Sonic, you are so naïve."

The blue hedgehog looked up, confused. Then, he noticed the dust and sand covering his partner.

"She's our biological daughter. I don't know how, but Eggman managed to create her from our DNA. That's why she's got out powers."

"He hurt her, Sonic. She didn't get invisibility from me. Those damage you."

Shaking his head, Sonic stared into the glimmering ruby eyes of his daughter. "What...What happened to Eggman?"

"I killed him."

There was a prolonged silence in the deserted metal lab.

He has to hate me now. I'm a ruthless killer. I killed. Why?

To his surprise, Sonic gave a wan smile. "Thank you Shadow. Now, we'll be safe. Right, Ria?"

The little girl nodded furiously. "Daddy and Mommy saved me! The bad man went BOOM!"

Shadow ran his hand over her quills and grinned. He positively beamed. I have a daughter. A real daughter!

She wrapped her arms around Shadow.

"I love you, Mommy and Daddy!"

Sharing a sweet smile, they both replied, "I love you too, Aria."

It's over...

And I'm sad.

Thanks to all you amazing people for reading!

If we get to 1k views, I will make an epilogue for this story.

Signing off, Novasette.