Walk a shame

I opened my eyes the next morning and looked around. Wait a minute; this wasn't my bed or my house. I turned to see someone sleeping next to me. My eyes widened at the sight of a guy next to me.

I looked down and lifted the covers then immediately dropped them. Silently I cursed to myself about the situation at hand. I needed to get out of here without waking the guy, and I needed to do it quickly.

I slid out of bed and quietly found all my clothes. I scooped them up and tiptoed to the bathroom. I closed the door and started dressing. I can't believe I went back to some strange guy's place, had sex with him and have no clue to who the hell he is. I am not that kind of person that randomly goes home with guys.

I looked in the mirror after dressing. My hair was a mess, and my makeup looked like I had been through the mill and back. Ugh, I needed to get out of here.

I opened the door and started walking towards the bedroom door when I heard a groan and movement. Shit.

I stopped and waited; then I heard light snoring, whew. I quickly made my way to the front door and out, locking it behind me. I needed to get home and put this crazy night behind me. I also needed a shower and to brush my teeth.

******
I managed to get home fairly quickly and decided to take a shower and brush my teeth. I smelled awful from last night. Between the alcohol seeping from my pores, the sweat residue, and morning breath, I would say it was one hell of a night.

I was also sore as hell down yonder, ugh. All I wanted to do was wash up and go back to bed. I felt like hell. What was I thinking, drinking like that? I never drink, so my tolerance would be nil. Worst decision ever.

Once I finished, I dressed and climbed into bed. All I wanted to do was sleep. Sleepaway that night, this morning and the whole experience. On a good note, I will never have to see that guy again. Thank god.

******
While I slept, everyone in the brother called me. I had my ringer off, so all my phone did vibrate. Finally, there was constant knocking at the door. Now what?

I dragged my body from the bed and went over to the door. I opened it to find my mother standing there. She walked in, looked at me, and said, "Well, you look like hell? Did you get lucky at least?"

I gave her a look.

"I will take that as a yes."

I closed my door as she walked into the kitchen, and I followed her.

"Sit. I'll make some coffee; then we can discuss your sexual conquests," Mom said as she started making coffee. I walked over to the island and took a seat. Did I mention that my relationship with my mother wasn't a normal one?

Let me explain. My mom and I have a unique relationship. While she does a parent, she also has no filter. She has no issue talking about sex. I, on the other hand, has every problem talking about it.

When I told her Ben, and I was divorcing then, later on, told her he came out, her words were, "I think that's fabulous! I think I have a guy for him." No, oh honey I'm so sorry or that jerk. Nope, I didn't get any of that. What I got was, now I have a chance to sow some oats with hotties.

I'm a mom. We don't sow oats. We usually eat them like oatmeal. See what I mean unique.

She pours two mugs of coffee and brought them over to the island. I took one and started drinking it.

"So, was he good," she asked with a smirk.

I gave her a look, "I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know?"

"Everything is a haze. I don't even remember going to the guy's place, and I only remember bits and pieces. I just know I woke up naked next to him and why are we talking about this anyway? Aren't you supposed to be yelling at me or something?" I said to her.

"What fun would that be? Parents make the mistake of judging their kids instead of talking to them. If they talked to them, they could get juicy details," she smirked.

"Mom, you're weird. How dad has put up with you all these years is beyond me," I sighed.

"Your father and I have an understanding. He doesn't question me, and he gets to be happy," she shrugged.

"Why are you here again?"

"Because apparently, you don't know how to answer your phone. Tara called Ben and Ben called me. By the way, I'm taking Kami next weekend. I have some things I would like to do with her," she said to me.

"That's fine, then maybe, the hangover will be gone," I groaned.

"Oh honey, the hangover may be gone, but the regret will live on," she smiled as she drank her coffee. I promptly placed my head on the counter and groaned. Leave it to mom to remind me of a mistake.

"Lina, what did you expect to happen? It's not like you're the early twenties and wet behind the ears. You've been married and have a kid. I say have some damn fun for once. Yes, you got drunk and went home with some strange man, hopefully, a hot one," she shrugged.

I lifted my head and looked at her. Did my mother say she hopes he was hot?

"Hopefully in both of your drunken stupor at least someone remembers the damn protection," she sighed.

"I'm pretty sure, considering quite a few condoms were laying around," I said. I didn't want to have this conversation with my mother. No child wants to have that conversation with their parent, like ever.

"Good, now, I'm going to get going. Your father wants to take me to some damn boat show," she sighed, rolling her eyes.

"Are you getting a boat," I asked her.

"Not if I can help it. Your dad thinks he's a sea captain and a sea captain of the Detroit River," she said, rolling her eyes. I just shook my head as she walked over and kissed me on the top of my head. As she walked out, she waved to me.

I finished my coffee and went back to bed. I sent a group text to everyone.

I'm fine. I'm home. Was it vital to call my mother?

Well, maybe the next time you will answer your damn phone. - Mel

Yeah, because I'm pretty sure there was a reason why she didn't explain it 😏. - Kara

Lina, did you get lucky? - Tara

I am so not answering that. - me

Oh, she got lucky, alright. - Mel

Is he cute? - Ben

I am not having this conversation with any of you. - me

At least say you were safe? - Tara

I'm out. - me

I left the group text and put my phone away. I was going back to bed and nurse this stupid hangover.

Ben offered to keep Kami and extra night, so I could fully recuperate, which was excellent. I need to get myself together for tomorrow. There is a mandatory meeting with the new boss/owner. They want to meet everyone.

It usually means two things. Either they were letting you go, or they were changing things. Either way, I was screwed. Tabitha often got special treatment even though she didn't know anything about the job.

All she had to do was practically show her breasts and got whatever she wanted. While here I am busting my ass day in and day out.

Mel has offered to stab one of her implants, so she was lopsided looking. The thought was cute, but violence never solves anything, although that would still be funny.

I pretty much laid around all day, eventually soaking in a hot bath. I needed something to relieve the stress I was feeling. Between my job, my friends wanting to fix me up with some random stranger and my drunken mishap, I was feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment.

I pray that tomorrow isn't a total disaster.