New boss

I got up and got ready for work. At least now I didn't feel like a train wreck although I wasn't sure how work was going to be when I got there.

I left the house and stopped on my way to get a couple of cups of coffee. As always, there was still someone holding things up. I watched some sleazy woman flirt with the Barista. Whatever happened to having respect for yourself?

Morals went out of the door. As we all stood in the line as this woman knowing we would be late for work, I heard someone say, "Excuse me. I'm pretty sure no one wants to see you show your desperation. So, do you mind moving along so the rest of us can get to work on time?"

"Excuse me?" She scoffed.

"There's no excuse for you. No one wants to see your tits hanging out, your make up is outdated, and I'm pretty sure you're the reason most people are angry at work - lack of caffeine in their systems. Run along now," they said.

We all stood there, not knowing what to say.

Then I heard them say, "As for you, have some self-respect. That woman is old enough to be your grandmother. Desperation doesn't look good on you, buddy. Now how about doing your job like you were hired to do."

Wow. I was completely shocked. That was the first time I had ever heard someone put people in their place. Whoever it was, is my hero. Maybe now I can get to work without having to break my neck in doing so.

Once I got our coffee, I made my way to work. I walked in to be greeted by Mel. I handed her a container of coffee, and we walked into the conference room.

We walked in and took a seat towards the back of the table. We watched as the others filed in, and Tabitha takes place in the front, wearing a low cut blouse. Figures. We just rolled our eyes.

Once we were all seated, Mel and I were briefly talking about things when I heard a husky voice say, "Okay. Settle down. We need to get to business."

We turned to see a guy walking to the front who looked to him about thirty. He had short hair and a goatee. Then it hit me. Oh shit.

I slunk down in my chair and tried to hide my face. Mel noticed my actions and whispered, "What is wrong with you?"

"My name is Mr. Stevens. I am the owner of Logan Enterprises, which the name of the company will be amply changed. I am also your new boss," he announced.

I looked at Mel and whispered, "That's the guy from the club."

Her eyes widen as I slightly nodded. She let out a breath and facepalmed her forehead. Fantastic, my crazy night resulted in me sleeping with my boss. I am so screwed.

Mr. Stevens talked for a while, explaining what he had planned and that our job assignments would be changing. He also told me that he would be meeting one on one with us. Yep, I was screwed.

He released us an hour later, and as we were leaving, I overheard Tabitha say, "You know if you need anything at all, I can be at your service." I saw her play with a button on his dress shirt. At that moment I realized that Friday was just what it was, one night.

Don't get me wrong, I feel embarrassed as it is, but that right there made me realize that I was better being single and forgetting that night. Let's hope Mr. Stevens doesn't remember.

*******
We all went back to our desks, and I got to work. I didn't need to give him a reason to fire me. I mean he could say after what happened Friday night. It would save me a lot of trouble.

Note to self, start looking for a new job. I'm pretty sure I was on the chopping block. As I busied myself with work, I noticed employees going into Mr. Steven's office one by one. As they came out of his office, some were happy; some not so much.