Hang on, don't leave me

I felt a searing pain and heard yelling, but I could feel myself drifting in and out of sleep. Everything happened so fast. In a blink of an eye, the gun went off.

"Lina! Hang on! Stay with me, baby!"

I felt like I was floating and red and blue lights flashed. People were talking, but I couldn't respond. I just felt myself shake then I was lifted. Then before I knew it, I closed my eyes, and everything went dark.

*******
Scott's POV

I worked to try and stop the bleeding as the police and paramedics arrived. Mitch had tackled Lacy to the ground, knocking the gun away. I didn't understand why all of this was happening except she screamed. I belonged to her. I didn't even know this woman.

As the paramedics worked on her, lifting her onto a stretcher then wheeling her out. I followed after them. They brought her out and placed her in the back of the ambulance. I climbed in after them. She couldn't leave me, not now, not ever.

As the ambulance sped towards the hospital, and they worked to stabilize her, I sat there in a daze, thinking about that night. A night I hadn't planned on going out.

After Victoria, I couldn't bring myself even to want to go out. I barely saw Georgia, and when I didn't see her, I worked. It was all I could do with my life.

Then I had a new building constructed. One of the workers Kelly, befriended me. He was a straight shooter. He owned his own construction business, and his work was exemplary.

We got to know each other well and one day he suggested I meet a friend of his and his wife. I scoffed at the thought. I didn't need another Victoria in my life. I had enough problems. To get him to quit pestering me, I agreed.

Then a few weeks later, a couple of buddies pushed me into going out to a club. It was a hot new place, but I didn't want to go out that night. I just wanted to stay home. I ended up relenting and going.

I was nervous that night and started drinking. It helped a little then that's when I saw her. She was amazing. She was dancing with some other women so I figure I would see if she wanted to dance. I walked up to her and started dancing in hopes she would dance with me. To my surprise, she danced with me. Then she placed her arms around my neck.

Her scent was intoxicating as we danced. Then her friends wanted to leave. I didn't want her to go. I wanted her to stay, so I offered to take her home. When we did leave, I decided to take her back to my place and sober her up in hopes of getting to know her, but she had other ideas. I tried to resist, but everything about her drew me to her, and I gave in to the passion that night.

The next day she was gone. I sat there wondering if it was just a night or if I would ever see her again. God, I wanted to see her again. I was hoping because I had never felt an instant connection like I did with her. There was something about her.

Then when I saw her at the new company I acquired a company, I knew then I needed to make sure she didn't get away again.

Now here we are on our way to the hospital as she fought for her life. They pulled up to the doors and got out. They pulled out the stretcher and rushed her inside, taking her back to triage. They stopped me from going any further. All I could do was pray that she would survive. What do I tell Kami or Georgia when they ask? They're six.