I Smell A Rat

We returned to work and still hadn't unfinished packing, which was excellent. I knew it takes a while. Scott met with Mitch and Corey while I checked in with Mel. We were going over the shipping information and calls were made.

From what they told me, a female had called and made changes under the guise of me, using my name in doing so. We also pulled invoices and checks to check signatures. Whoever it was, was good but they forgot one crucial detail. I wrote my name in a particular way. They signed it Lina Sherwood when at work I wrote my full name; Carolina Kamille Sherwood.

We went back as far as we could and it started around the time I had taken a day off of work when Kami was sick. Tabitha was here at the time so that it might have started with her, but that didn't make any sense because it continued after Scott fired her. Plus it only happened when I wasn't here.

I sat at my office, trying to figure out who was doing this, then I realized something. Scott has security cameras installed because of Vicky. If this was an inside job, then that means they have access to every part of the building and files.

I got up and left my office, making my way down to the security office. Scott gave me clearance to have access to it.

I swiped my badge, and the door opened.

"Ms. Sherwood?" The security officer said to me, a bit confused.

"Roy, I need footage from this date," I said to him, handing him a piece of paper with the date. It was the date of the judge's decision. I was at court that day and at home for the rest of the day.

He took the paper and a seat at the desk as he searched for the date. He played footage from the entire day. I watched with bated breath until something caught my eye.

"Wait. Go back," I said to Roy as he did as I asked. "Now can you zoom in and make the picture clearer?"

"Yes, ma'am," he said as he did as I asked. Once he was able to clean up the image, my jaw dropped. Right there in every day, few were the person making my life hell at work.

"Can you print that for me and send a copy to Mr. Stevens?"

"Of course."

"Thank you," I said to him, smiling at him.

He printed out the photo and handed it to me, then sent the picture to Scott via his email. I folded the image, placing it in my pocket and went to confront them. I needed answers before turning them over to the authorities.

I walked out of the security office and down the hallway to their office. When I got there, they weren't in their office so; I went looking. This move would prove to be the wrong decision on my part.

They say when a person is desperate, they will do anything to keep people from finding out. When someone steals from a company, they get cocky, thinking they will never get caught until they get sloppy.

Why people would steal from a place that pays you is beyond me. They say theft usually starts small. A few extra minutes on break, then lunch, going online and shopping, doing personal business on company time. These are all types of theft. Then it moves from that to skimming a little bit of money. Not enough for someone to catch you but just enough.

Eventually, it changes, and the amounts increase because the person gets greedy. It finally gets to the point that for the spotlight taken off of them, they find some other poor Schmuck to take the fall. Newsflash, I am not that person.

I finally found them. They were in another office looking at files.

"How long did you think this was going to go on," I asked, causing them to jump.