Moving day

Today was the day we moved into the new house. Everyone showed up to help. Mom took the girls for the weekend, along with Zoe, Avie, and Zara. We wanted to get this done as quickly as possible so we could bring the girls home. I was missing them like crazy.

We moved boxes as the movers moved the furniture. Movers had already loaded up Scott's items he had planned on taking. I couldn't believe this was happening. Is it wrong to feel excited?

Once everything was loaded, and we did a once over, we all walked out of the door, and I closed it one last time. I wasn't just closing the door to my former home but my past. It was time.

We got into the car, and Scott looked at me, "Well?"

I smiled, "I'm ready."

He chuckled as I facepalmed myself. I sounded like freaking Sponge Bob. It's what happens when your child watches the little square dude.

He laughed as we pulled out and drove over to the new house. We pulled into the driveway as the moving truck backed into the driveway. Scott and I got out of the car and walked up to the front door hand in hand.

Everyone stood back and watched us. Scott opened the door, and I walked inside as he followed behind me.

Kelly looked at Tara, "It's about time they both were happy."

"Yes, it is," she smiled at him.

They walked towards the front door and found us in the living room dancing. Scott had put on music and took me in his arms. He held me close as he danced with me.

They all stood and watched as smiles filled their faces. Then we stopped, and Scott looked at me. He had a weird look on his face.

Then before I knew it, he got down on one knee and pulled out a small black velvet box. My eyes widened, and my mouth slightly opened.

"Carolina Sherwood, I knew that night I met you, there was something special about you. I know we did things backward but I don't regret any of it. Will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?"

I stood there shocked as he knelt before me holding an engagement ring. Then I heard someone say, "Mommy has her Prince Charming."

"I'm going to get a mommy! Yay!"

I turned to see mom and dad with the girls.

"Well," Scott asked as I turned to him.

"Mommy!" I turned to see Kami and Georgia run towards me. They grabbed my hands, and Kami said, "Mommy, say yes."

I crouched down and looked at them, "You want me to say yes to Scott?"

"Yes!"

I gave them a look, "How did you know Scott was going to ask me?"

"Because he told us. He said it was a secret. But you said secrets are bad," Kami said.

I chuckled at that, "I did, didn't I?"

"Yes, you're silly mommy," she giggled.

I couldn't help but laugh. I looked at Scott, "You had Ben to keep the girls because you were planning on doing this, weren't you?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about," he said casually.

"You're a terrible liar," I said, pointing my finger at him.

"Maybe so, but I'm a better husband," he smiled. I shook my head and chuckled.

"Yes."

"What?" He looked at me.