Custody goes to.......

We arrived at court around eight-thirty just as it opened. Ben took the girls to school so we could find out the judge's decision. Neither of us could sleep at all. We paced back and forth, wondering what was going to happen. Then she showed up - the wicked witch of the North.

Scott and I looked at her. She had a smug look on her face. I couldn't stand her before now I really can't stand her.

"I can't wait until I walk out of here with Georgia. You will never see her again," she spat.

Scott stood there, clinching his jaw and balling his fist. I slid my hand into his and had him look at me.

"Don't. That's what Victoria wants. She wants to prove you don't deserve Georgia. Don't let her provoke you," I told him.

He looked at me and sigh, "It's just the thought of her taking Georgia away from me, angers me. She doesn't want her, but I do."

"I know," I said as I looked at him.

He pulled me to him and wrapped his arms around me as she spewed insults at us. As much as I wanted to beat the shit out of her, I had to refrain myself.

Around nine, the court officer opened the door, and we walked in. Rob and the other attorney followed suit, and they took a seat. I took place in the back.

"All rise," the court officer announced. We all stood as the judge walked out and took his seat at the bench, "Honorable Judge Morrison presiding."

"Sit," the judge ordered.

We sat back down as he opened the file.

"Before I tell my decision, I would like to say something. I've had a lot of time to think about this. Listening to everyone in the courtroom and the things that were said, disheartened me. When we have children, as adults, it's our job to take care of them. Nurture them. As parents, they should come first. It stops becoming about us and starts becoming about them. I had a chance to meet with Kami and Georgia. They are by far the cutest little people I have ever met. I can tell who loves them and who doesn't."

I sat there with bated breath.

"Ms. Sherwood, please approach my bench," the judge said to me. Everyone turned to me as my eyes widened. I stood up and walked over to him, oh god.

"Yes, your honor?"

"I wish more parents were like you and your ex. Kami seems like a delighted little girl."

"Thank you, your honor," I said to him.

"You keep doing what you're doing," he said, smiling at me, whoa.

He dismissed me, and I went to sit back down.

"Now, in the case of Stevens vs. Stevens, I have decided that custody will go to Scott Stevens."

"What?! You can't do that!" Victoria screeched.

The judge looked at her, "Shut up! It is my court, and I will hold you in contempt!"

Vicky immediately shut up.

"I am also granting Mr. Stevens full custody as well as terminating all parental rights of one Victoria Stevens and also signing an order of protection as I feel she is a danger to not only her daughter but to others as well," he said as she signed papers.

"But that's my daughter!"

The judge stopped and looked at her, "Then maybe you should have thought about that before treating her like she was a free ride. Children are human beings. Not to be used as a bargaining chip. You do not deserve to have children. Now shut up and be quiet. Next outburst I'm holding you in contempt!"