Time jump: six years later

"Mommmmm!" I heard Kami yell.

I walked into the bathroom, "What?"

She looked at me, and I looked down, "Oh."

"Am I dying?" She looked at me as I cringed.

"Kami, you're not dying. You started your period," Georgia giggled. I turned to Georgia, "You're not helping."

"Mom, she started she's not dying," she said, rolling her eyes.

Kami started to get upset, and I had to kick Georgia out of the bathroom while getting her situated.

"Code red dad," Georgia said, walking into the kitchen as Scott looked up from his phone. He sighed, "Tell mom; I'll be back."

"Better hurry before Kami flips out," she laughed.

"Georgia, that's not funny," he warned.

"It's a little funny," she giggled as Scott left and went to the store. He had the drill down pat. Any time it was that time of the month, he went to the store and picked up all the necessities for us.

Once I got Kami taken care of, we came out of the bathroom as Noah strolled down the hallway. He saw us and said, "Not again." I gave him a look as he went downstairs. For a six-year-old, he was quite smart. He also acts like Scott. We call him mini Scott. The girls called him Batman.

Scott returned and opened Kami's door and chucked chocolate at her then closed her door.

"Was that necessary?" I asked him.

"Probably not, but I've been through this enough with you, then with Georgia," he shrugged. I shook my head and threw my hands up in the air.

I went downstairs and into the kitchen. I grabbed a cup of coffee as I heard someone come inside. Ben walked into the kitchen as Georgia said, "Hey, dad."

"Hey kiddo, where are your sister and brother at?"

"Kami became a woman, and well, Noah is Noah," she shrugged as Ben nodded.

Then more and more people came in.

"I thought we were going to start locking the door," Scott said, walking in and kissing me.

"When do we ever lock the door?" I asked with a look. He rolled his eyes.

Zoe and Avie walked over to Georgia and talked to her as Ava and Taj spoke to Noah. Zara was off at school. She was studying architecture.

Eventually, Kami came downstairs, and Ben hugged her.

"I heard you became a woman," he said to her.

"This completely sucks," she sighed.

"Don't worry, it's just the beginning," he said with a smile as she hugged him.

"I got cake," Rob yelled as he walked into the kitchen. The girls all screamed. I just laughed.

It's funny, things never really changed with us. Scott, Ben, and I manage to blend our families nicely. The kids call him dad, they call Scott dad and they call Rob dad. The kids needed to feel included.

To all of us, we managed to work together to give them a stable environment. Just because your divorce doesn't mean the kids have to suffer for it. Sometimes we meet the wrong people, and it doesn't work out. Then one day, we match the right people, and it all works out.

When I married Ben, I had one viewpoint on how things were supposed to be. It took him divorcing me and for me to meet Scott to realize that not everything is perfect, but it was worth it.

As we all sat at the table eating cake, I looked at everyone. Never in a million years would I ever imagined I would be here, but I was glad I was, and all it took was One Drunken Mishap one night. Funny how things work out.