Custody battle for Georgia

Victoria was released and tried to violate the protection order several times. Scott and Georgia stayed with Kami and me for the time being. When Kami went to Ben's that left Georgia with Scott and me, I didn't mind. Ben would also take Georgia along with Kami from time to time, which left Scott and me alone.

It was nice to have that one on one time with each other. That was until someone decided to ruin our night. There was a knock at the door. A guy stood there.

"Carolina Sherwood?"

"Yes?"

"This is for you." He handed me a piece of paper. "You've been served. You have a good night." He turned and walked away.

I closed the door and opened up the paper as Scott got up and walked over to me.

"What is it?"

"It's a summons to appear in court in the custody battle. Victoria's lawyer is having me appear as a witness," I said to him. He took the paper and read it then called Rob.

He talked to Rob then got off the phone.

"Well?"

"Rob said her lawyer called you to discredit you as a parent. Claiming you're not only a danger to Georgia but your daughter," he told me.

I sat there, stunned. How could someone do that? I had no words right now. I just got up and walked away, going upstairs to my room. Scott called my name, but I didn't want to talk to anyone.

There was a chance I could lose my daughter if they proved I was unfit. I crawled in bed under the covers and cried. I prided myself on being a good mom, and now someone is claiming I wasn't. It shattered me.

*******
Scott tried to talk to me, but I refused to talk to anyone. He even called my friends but the same thing. I didn't want to talk to anyone. I felt like an utter failure.

Then I heard a knock at the door, "Lina?"

I sniffled.

"Lina, I want you to open the door. It's me." I heard Ben say.

I crawled out of bed and opened the door. Ben looked at me, and I threw my arms around him and cried. He wrapped his arms around me, "It's okay."

"Ben, what if they say I'm unfit. I could lose Kami. I can't lose her, Ben," I said to him.

"Hey, you need to look at me."

I looked up at him, "It doesn't matter. Kami is our daughter. You will never lose her, and I will never allow it. I promise."

"You promise?"

"Yes, but you need to do something."

"What's that?"

"You need to go downstairs and fight. Fight for Scott. Fight for Georgia. Fight for Kami. You need to show them, you're a fighter, and they can't beat you. Scott needs you more than anything because right now, he doesn't have someone in his corner. Remember what we went through with Kami?"

I nodded.

"We fought for each other to be a part of her life. Now you need to fight to be part of theirs," he told me.

I nodded as he let go of me, and I walked downstairs. Scott stood up, and I walked over to him. He looked at me, and I looked at him as I wrapped my arms around his neck. He immediately wrapped his arms around me.

Ben came down after and walked over to Rob, "I think I have an idea." Rob looked at him and smiled.

********
The custody hearing started, and Scott and I missed work because of it. I sat in the back of the courtroom as I watched them battle it out. Scott and Rob on one side and Victoria and her lawyer on the other side.