Life is crazy

I called work the next day, and Tabitha ended up taking the call. I told her to let Mr. Stevens know I wouldn't be in today and why. She said she would relay the message. I doubt it. At this point, I didn't have the patience to deal with her; I had to deal with a sick child.

I also called Ben, Tara, and Mel and let them know. They told me to do what I had to do, and they would stop by later.

"Mommy!"

"I'm coming, baby!" I went into her room as she got sick again. It was going to be a long day.

*********
Tabitha hung up, and an evil smirk grew upon her face. It was her chance to swoop in and take my position. All she had to do was leave out a few details.

She strutted over to Scott's office and knocked on the door.

"What is it, Tabitha?" He asked in annoyance.

"Mr. Stevens, Carolina Sherwood called," she said.

He stopped working, "Oh?"

"Yeah, she said she wasn't coming in today."

"Why not?"

"She didn't say. My guess is she is busy," she shrugged.

Scott looked at her, then dismissed her. He went back to work.

Tabitha left his office and started walking back to her desk when Lacy stopped her, "Why do you look happy?"

"Because, soon that position will be mine and I will be one step closer to Mr. Stevens," she smirked.

"Tabby, he isn't like Mr. Logan," she said.

"Lacy, all men is the same. Dangle a carrot in front of them, and they can't resist," she retorted.

"You're bad."

"Only in bed," she smirked. They laughed as they walked away only to be caught by Mel.

"Shouldn't you be working," she asked them.

"Oh Mel, we are," Tabitha smiled and shrugged. They walked away, still laughing.

Knowing the kind of person, Tabitha is, Mel went to see Scott. She walked to his office and knocked on the door, "Yes, Mrs. Walker?" He kept his eyes on the screen.

She walked into his office, "Mr. Stevens, I just wanted to let you know Carolina isn't coming in."

"I heard," he said with annoyance.

"Well, did they tell you she is dealing with a sick child?"

"Children get sick all the time. That's why you have babysitters," he told her.

"I see. So, the fact Lina never calls off and only does because she doesn't feel like leaving her daughter with someone," she countered.

"She has an ex, doesn't she?"

Mel looked at him as he continued to work. Wow, for someone that seems like he has an interest in me, he sure was acting like a complete ass right now.

"Yes."

"Then, there are no excuses. Now get back to work," Scott ordered Mel. She turned and walked away. What was Scott thinking, she thought to herself as she shook her head?

Once Mel was gone, he stopped typing. Scott sat back in his chair and thought about it. Scott knows he sounded harsh about me, but he didn't want people to think I deserved special treatment when it came to working. It was the one thing he wanted to keep separate.

He knew Kami was sick. He also knew Tabitha left her out of the equation on purpose and this didn't sit well with him. He didn't like her. She was just like Victoria in that aspect. He would deal with her later, but right now, his thoughts kept drifting back to me.