Chapter 2: Shinganshina, Crumbling Birthday

~(Y/n)'s P.O.V~

I was running down the town like everyday, with my mother behind me. Since it's my birthday, we go out to town for some shopping and such. "Oi!! (Y/N)! Over here!!" I heard someone yelled. Looking over to one of the shops, I see Eren, Armin, and Mikasa standing there, waving at me. "Eomma! Can I go play with my friends?? Please???" I said, begging while tugging on her sleeves. "Alright (Y/N), don't get yourself into trouble! And remember to be back before dinner!" Mom said, I smiled then said thank you to her and rushed over to Eren's group. We talked about random things while walking down the town.

"Hey, (Y/N), just being curious, when is your birthday?" Mikasa asked while dragging me, Eren, and Armin around town. "Uhm... Its today! Today is my birthday!" I said, hyped and squeaking. "Wha??? Really?! We need to buy you presents!!!!" Eren screamed while Armin just nodded. "Y-Yeah! No birthdays are good without gifts!" Armin squealed, agreeing to what Eren had said. "W-woah woah woah! Y-you guys don't really have to buy me anything! I mean... Not that I don't appreciate your gifts..." I said, playing with my hair a bit. "NONSENSE!" Mikasa yelled and dragged me into a small bracelets shop. Looking around, there was this (f/c) Bracelet that have the word 'Friends' on it. I stared at it for a while, having stars in my eyes.

"Get her that one." I heard Mikasa said, I slightly jumped. "M-Mika! You don't have to buy it for me!" I protested, Mikasa just shake her head in return. She then hand the shopkeeper about ten coins and took the bracelet. "Hey (Y/N)," "Y-yeah?" I said. "Promise us something." Mikasa look at me, dead in the eyes. "Promise me that whatever will happen, you will still think of us as friends and never leave our sides." She said, Eren and Armin was talking about something in the background, I hope that they didn't heard our conversation. "Promise" I said while smiling. "Hey! Mikasa, (Y/N)! Wanna go to the river??" Eren yelled, I chuckled and drag Mikasa with me to the boys. "Coming!" I yelled.

~Mini Time Skip, to the river!!~

"H-hey (Y/N), just asking... What do you think the world outside of the walls look like?" Armin asked while hugging his history book to his chest. "Hmm... I would say amazing! I mean, if you think about it, how titans suddenly appear and die off is pretty cool! I heard facts about them from my mom's cousin's friend!" I said cheerfully. "Wait a minute! How do your mom's cousin's friend person knows about the titans?!" Eren asked, surprised. "Oh! She's in the Scouting Regiment! She's a group leader and... she is obsessed with titans." I said. Who is this person I was mentioning? Obsessed with titans? No one else than the Legendary Hanji Zoe. She entered the Scouting Regiment like... 7 years ago? I don't remember. But she have this thing for titans and it's kinda weird. "I wanna meet her!!!" Eren yelled, before getting smacked on the head by Mikasa.

"Oh that reminds me, (Y/N) if you grow up, where would you be? I mean... what would you be?" Eren asked, ,I will totally join the Survey Corps!" He added, bumping his fist into the air. "I would enter the Scouting Regiment... I wanna be free! I don't wanna be a tiny bird in a cage, I wanna be a free Phoenix instead!" I said, eyes sparkling like those.... "Anime Loli school girls". "Heck yeah!!!" Eren screamed, but then Armin start to say something. "I wanna join that too... But I'm scared that if you dare to think of the outside world, the government will attack you... No one dared to even think about things that are outside of the walls, just because they stayed strong for 100 years..." I looked over at Armin, who is now staring at the ground. "Just because it's not falling.... Doesn't mean that it won't fall today." He added. The wind blowing gently against us as he speak-

BOOM

A huge explosion was heard near the wall. I yelped in fear and almost fall over due to the strong earthquake that just happened. Eren rushed to see what happened, then stopped. Mikasa, Armin, and I ran after him- 'What the actual hell?!' I looked up at the wall, titan. There was a huge titan's head hovering over the wall. But that's impossible! The wall is 50 meters high!!! I screamed in my head. Is this what Titans looks like?!- Another earthquake pulled me back to reality. There was a gap in the wall. And rocks, stones, broken pieces of the wall flying everywhere. One of the pieces flew to the direction where my house was..."EOMMA!!!" My head screamed and I ran to where my house is like demons where chasing me. 'E-Eomma... Please be ok...' I slightly sobbed and turned left to the corner where my house was. Bricks were broken, the roof is on the ground and half of the house is crushed. "EOMMA!!" I screamed, then notice a figure slightly twitching under the heavy broken roof. Guess who it was? No one other than my mother.

"(Y/N)... What are you doing?!" The slightly bruised woman look up at me. Tears were silently rolling down my cheeks as I try to lift up a heavy piece of wood that was laying on Eomma's back. "I'm trying to help you!! I am not leaving you here, Eomma!!" I screamed, sobbing while keep struggling to lift the wood up. "(Y/N) dear... Y-you have to get away from here! Titans are coming in and I don't want to make you die off here with me!!" She yelled- footsteps. Heavy footsteps. I look up from Eomma and notice a Titan walking toward us. It have red-blood hair, green dull eyes, and a gigantic body, it was horrifying, not to mention the Joker smile that was in its face... Wait, what is a Joker? Who cares about that now! I was still struggling to pull the wood off my mother. "(Y/N)... I-if you don't leave... Eomma will be sad and upset!! So go!! Leave and run away!!" She yelled. I cried even more and yelled back. "I would die because of running anyway!!! You forgot how week my body is?! I don't care if I die off with you!!! So try to crawl out of there already!!" Tears were running wild, I don't want to let go off the only family member that cared for me...

Then a zipping sound was heard. One of the Stationary Guards was there. "MISTER!!! Please pick her up and run away from here!! My bones are broken and I won't be able to walk anyway!!! Please go!!" Eomma yelled, my eyes widen. "NOO!! I-I will carry her!! P-please help her!!!" The Guard look at the Titan that was twenty meters away from us and hesitated, he then scooped me up and zipped away using that weird metal gear. "N-NOO!!! EOMMA!!!!" I screamed, reaching for Eomma but I was a bit too far away. The red head Titan picked the roof that was on Eomma up and threw it aside. It then pick Eomma up and nearly crushed her body with its palm. "EOMMA!!! STOP!!!" I screamed while watching the gore-full scene. The Titan then put Eomma in its disgusting mouth and bit my mother into half. I froze in fear, the guard knew what happened but he kept on zipping away to Wall Maria's gate. I was still frozen in shock and fear... 'Eomma... I'm scared...'