part 30

HEYYY MY BEAUTIFUL SMILEY UNICORNS!!! How y'all doin'? I HATE FINALS THEY'RE YUCK AND STUPID AND EWW AND MEH!! Seriously, I'm not even a senior yet and I had to take 3 finals a day... Aaannyyyway, let's get on with the story, shall we? (ow and I'm gonna re-introduce POV changes to this story) c:-

chapter 30

In the weeks that followed, everyone noticed a slight change in Stiles' behaviour. He was a little more skittish, got dark circles under his eyes and sat up all night, staring passively into space while his grades were dropping. Honestly, nobody really knew what to do with him, including himself. Everything that happened in the past few weeks had had a bigger impact on him than he'd care to admit, and he'd barely slept in days. Everyone knew there was something wrong, and after a particularly embarrassing event on the lacrosse field, where Isaac had been tackled and Stiles nearly burst out in tears, Stiles' father and the pups decided it had been too much.

So they'd arranged a pack meeting and while Stiles and Derek had no idea what was going on the rest all looked a little relieved.

"Stiles, first I want you to know that me and the pups arranged this. I'm sorry son, but you've been incredibly strong the past weeks, but I think you need a break" John said, and Stiles looked at his dad surprisedly.

"Dad- no, please don't worry, I'm just a little tired" Stiles tried to reassure everyone, but the bags under his eyes and the slight quiver in his voice only proved the sheriff's words true.

"Son, you can't even talk normally. You always get straight A's, but the past weeks you barely got a C-. I've also heared that you barely sleep anymore. You need some time off son. Even the pups came to me asking for help. Don't you think that says something?" John said, and Stiles nodded tiredly. He knew it was all true.

"I'm sorry kiddoes" he said softly, and the pups all looked a little startled while Derek put an arm around Stiles.

"But mom, you've still been great for us! Just not for you" Isaac said softly, and Stiles reached to ruffle the boy's curls.

"Stiles, I arranged a four-day stay at a hotel about three hours driving out of town for you and Derek. The best thing is, I asked Deaton for something like this, it's a hotel especially for werewolves, with multiple 'alpha' suites, of which I booked one for you" John said, and Stiles looked at his dad flusteredly.

"Dad... That's amazing. But I can't. What about the kids?" he asked softly, and his dad smiled.

"I arranged that with them already. I'll be staying here with them, if you don't mind. Melissa might stop by as well" he said, and Stiles still looked a little reluctant.

"But.." he started, but his father interrupted him.

"Come on son, I've already payed for it! And don't worry, I like spending time with my grandpups. We'll be fine" John said, and Stiles sighed at all the smiling faces while running a tired hand through his hair.

"Fine, dad" he sighed, really too tired too fight anything right now and realising that it might be good for him anyway.

"When are we leaving?" Derek asked.

"Tomorrow. Just so you don't get any chance to change your mind. And I already signed you out of school" John said in Stiles' direction, and the boy actually looked kind of relieved.

"Well I guess I'll start packing" he smiled softly.

The next day, he and Derek were packed and ready to go by one pm, and they were all standing in the hallway, Stiles checking up on all of his pups before he'd leave.