Eight: Back

All it took was one Facebook status to make Jimin crumble again. Earlier this day, he fought with Jungkook, dumped his girlfriend, begged for his love to come back but it was too late. However, a little glint of hope brought him back as he stride to the ice cream shop and met the eyes of his long time love, those eyes that turned a little crescent-like when he smiled at him. Jimin took that as a sign of hope, and a new beginning for them. That was not the case though.

Three hours of groaning and regretting his decisions, he opened his phone to look for updates in his social life. It was 11:30 in the evening and sleep did not find him as he was too occupied with regret.

Scrolls became faster as what he saw in Facebook became boring and boring every passing minute. However, a single subtle post made his heart break into millions of microscopic pieces, impossible to put back together. He saw the words of Jungkook, posted only 15 minutes ago.

The post was of Jeon Jungkook confirming his relationship with Kim Taehyung along with a picture of the both of them.

Tears dripped instantly from his eyes falling into his phone, clouding both his eyes and his screen. Disbelief took over him as he shook his head for what seemed like a thousand times.

"T-this must be a dream. N-no" he stuttered full of fear as he held his phone tighter.

He screamed, and he swore he could've done it all night if it weren't for Jin being there with him too.

Jin rushed to him as he heard the baffling scream from his room where he was starting to fall asleep after a long phone call with Namjoon.

"What happened?" He looked around nervously as he made it to Jimin's room and saw the small boy rocking himself back and forth as he hugged his legs and wailing.

Jin rushed to him in a flash and cradled the boy in his arms as he speak sweet nothingness in his ears.

"E-eom-ma." His voice cracked as his tears built up more, annoyed at himself for the fact that he even bothered his roommate.

"T-tell me." Jin's heart broke seeing the younger in pain. He had not seen Jimin this way before, he was more of the predator than the prey.

Jimin opened his mouth to speak but more sobs broke through and he shut them to mumble his cries. Jimin pointed to his phone as Jin looked curiously at it. Soon confusion took over the older as he saw what was written there. He furrowed his eyebrows as he looked confusingly at the boy beneath him and Jimin knew that he needed to know.

"J-Jung-k-kook." He started, voice breaking everytime the memory crosses his mind. Jin nodded as a sign to continue.

"H-he......he's the g-guy th-that i l-liked....or l-loved....i don't know.....he's th-the one th-that i told y-you i k-kissed." Jimin sobbed in between his sentence as the thought of Jungkook grew impossible to let go.

Jin's eye widened as he looked back to Jimin's phone. It all makes sense to him now, to why Jimin was crying.

"Wh-what? I....I really don't understand. You said he liked you, right? And you like him too.....and you kissed....and....and.." The older was still confused, but then Jimin remembered that he had not told him about what he had done.

He didn't know how to tell Jin everything, but he's pretty sure that he would yell at him for making such stupid decision. He was about to start enlightening Jin when his phone beeped.

It was his chatroom with Lace, but it was just Lace clearing the nicknames that they both had for each other.

Jin wanted to know what this Lace had something to do with Jimin but before he could ask his roommate, the phone beeped again and this time it was a message from Lace of words "It was not fun to play with two hearts, and now you have two people less in your life. I hope you learned your lesson."

Jimin's crying had died down, but that text only fueled his tears more as he sobbed again.

"Jimin you have a lot of explaining to do." Jin turned to him, partl annoyed and mad, and partly concerned and sad.

It was not easy to tell everything but Jimin managed to do so, although he would occasionally break down and cry. He started with how he grew the idea of making Jungkook jealous, to how he got Lace, to how his plan was failing when he saw Tae and Jungkook kissing and to how Jungkook let him go.

Jin kept quiet all throughout the explanation because he was mad but he didn't want Jimin to feel worse than he already do, but he still needs to put some sense into Jimin.

"You know what you did was very unintelligent and immature, right?" Jin tried hard to keep his cool but deep down he wanted to yell at Jimin.

"I know, and I regret everything."

"But can your regret turn back everything?" Jin raised his voice a bit making Jimin flinch.

"I'm so sorry hyung, i'm so so sorry." Jimin sobbed, clinging to Jin's shirt.

"Those words are not meant for me."

"I know, but I just can't help myself but to apologize everyone. I'm so sorry that they have to meet me, that you have to deal with me. I'm so sorry hyung."

Jin shook his head as the anger dissipated. "No, you should not think that to yourself. Yes, you hurt some people, but you need not to feel so low about yourself."

"But what am I supposed to do hyung? I've lost everyone, they all hate me."

"Not me." The older exclaimed making Jimin look up to him with hopeful eyes.

"Hyung."

"You need to be strong Jimin, this is not the end of your life."

"I know but, I've lost the man I love."

"And what do you do when you lose something...or in this case, someone?" This question by the older confused Jimin, but he knew the answer.

"Get it back."

"Exactly." Jin snapped his fingers.

"But how, hyung. They don't want me anymore."

"And would you let that stop you, Park Jimin?"

"No." He stopped crying as Jin's words got to his senses, and he understood. He understood what he should do, what he needed to do, what he wanted to do. And that was to take back his man, no matter what it takes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm pretty confident now, and I don't know if that's good or bad hahaha. But you know, it's going somewhere.