Eleven: Memory

After Jimin took his departure, Jungkook had been struggling to let Taehyung's tears die down. The older had been sobbing uncontrollably in the arms of Jungkook in their previously silent couch which left the younger baffled for whatever reason. It even scared him when he thought that Taehyung might heard him earlier but just played nice in front of Jimin. He shook the thought away as he continued rubbing soothing circles down the older's back.

"Taehyungie.... Wh-what's w-wrong?" Jungkook stuttered as nervousness kicked in still feeling guilty that he caused those tears.

But his guilt of lying did not overweigh the guilt he felt of not being able to know his boyfriend to detect the reason for those tears. And so, after a lot of mental war, he decided to keep his mouth shut regarding the lie.

The older did not respond to his first question which only burdened him more but asked again. "Taehyungie....y-you're making m-me sad, too. Can you tell me what's wrong?" His lips formed a frown.

Taehyung lifted his head to look at the blurry image of his boyfriend as tears were blocking his sight. But he knew, Jungkook was already tearing up seeing his lover this way.

Jungkook saw Taehyung's puffy bloodshot eyes evident from crying. "Hyung." His voice cracked seeing this.

"I'm s-sorry, Kook." He sniffed as he pried away of Jungkook's arms, missing the warmth already.

Jungkook shifted closer to Taehyung as he continued rubbing circles, this time on Taehyung's palm. "Hyung. Please tell me. It hurts to see you like this." He was on the verge of crying but bit his lip to prevent it and pouted.

Taehyung used his back hand to wipe away the tears and set his vision right. As soon as he did this, he let out a giggle when he saw how cute Jungkook was when he pouted. It was hard to resist and so Taehyung brought his hands up and squeezed the younger's right cheek.

"Hyung. Stop." He playfully smacked his boyfriend's hands away. "You're still not telling me." He maintained his pout and grabbed the other hand of the younger to prevent him from stalling again.

"Kook." His voice was hoarse and dry from weeping. He tried to get up to get himself some water, but the younger already beat him to the kitchen and he chuckled to himself.

As Jungkook was ruffling in the kitchen, Taehyung had took his time to think, but that was a bad idea as images flashed his mind rapidly that it made his head ache. He massaged his temples as he felt the pain kicking in.

Something about the nickname 'Taebear' had triggered something in his brain, somewhere that held his memories. But he still struggled to pinpoint what exactly that event was.

"Here." Jungkook emerged from the kitchen and saw Taehyung rubbing his temples. He hurried up beside him and bombarded him with repetitive questions of 'are you okay' and 'what's wrong' which only worsen his headache.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't be rambling but I'm just concerned." Jungkook chimed in when he saw Taehyung scrunched up face and he knew immediately he was not doing anything to make it better.

"Wait." He signalled his boyfriend when he strode to the kitchen to grab any medication that was available. He returned slowly with another glass of water and a painkiller.

After convincing up him to take it, they first went silent and wait for the pill to take its effect. Taehyung was tired but he knew he would not escape Jungkook's questions. And here they were, face to face on the floor as they tried to change the mood by playing cards.

"Do you have any aces?" Taehyung said, concentrated on his cards, making Jungkook sigh. He had been inserting the event earlier but Taehyung kept ignoring. He shook his head 'no' and watch as Taehyung grabbed from the deck of cards on the floor.

"Your turn." Taehyung smiled and gestured to Jungkook. This went to another 15 more minutes until Jungkook couldn't take it anymore.

"Hyung, you have been avoiding my questions for a whole hour now and if you're keeping this up, I might as well avoid you too. How's that sound?" Jungkook used this tactic to threaten the older and he knew that offer was too much.

"Alright. Alright. You got me." Taehyung put down the cards and raised his hands in the air as a sign of surrender and scooted over to peck Jungkook's lips.

"Oh, we are not playing that, hyung." Jungkook knew Taehyung pecking him was more than just a peck.

"Playing what, Kookie?" Taehyung raised his eyebrows innocently and smirked.

"Stop it, hyung. I know you're stalling." Jungkook whined and jokingly glared at the person across him.

"Fine." The older grumbled.

"Now. First off, no stalling."

"No stalling." Taehyung nodded.

"You'll answer my questions."

"I'll answer your questions." Taehyung repeated.

"I'm serious." The younger playfully glared.

"You're serious."

"Hyung." He whined in protest as the older rolled on the floor laughing. "Quit stalling."

"I'll stop this time." Taehyung uttered once he was done clutching his aching stomach from laughing too much.

"Now. What happened earlier?" Jungkook thought it'd be best if he goes straight to the point. As soon as he questioned, the atmosphere shifted heavily.

"Earlier?" He still stalled as he grew uncomfortable under the younger's strong gaze and avoided the topic.

"When you practically bawled your eyes our of nothing. What happened hyung?" His brows furrowed and his forehead frowned.

"I uhhh... I just....I remembered something." He dropped his head and stared down at his fidgeting fingers on his lap.

"Can you tell me?" Jungkook grabbed his boyfriend's fingers.

"Ummm. It's....I'm uncomfortable with this topic Kook." He confessed. He didn't really want to disappoint the younger and when he heard him sigh, he knew he had hid it long enough.

But that was the point, he buried that memory long ago because he wanted to forget. He never knew this day would come. How small is the world?

"If you don't want to---"

"No. I'll tell." He cut off the younger.

"It was about the nickname." He continued. When he looked up and saw Jungkook's confused look, he added. "Taebear."

"Oh. The one that Jimin said?" The older nodded. "Wait, why did he call you that? I'm confused. And....and why did it affected you like that."

"I don't know why he called me that. But.....I think---....ummm.. I don't know but..." Tears started forming at a sudden realization.

"But what, hyung. You're scaring me...please tell me." His eyes welled too.

"Only one person calls me that. And......I don't know but I forgot and I swear I didn't want anything to do with him but I---" He stammered when nervousness set in.

"Hyung." Taehyung was noticeably shaking, and the older didn't even felt he was shaking.

"You told me only one person calls you that. Who?" He stared at the chocolate brown eyes of his lover.

His lips quivered and he shook more as he let a single tear stream down. With voice shaking and throat dry, he uttered.

"My first love."

~~~~~~

Filler chapter plus useless fluff. Great!